Races This Weekend? Anyone?

Options
Running a 10k on the coast tomorrow. I'm nervous because it's my first 10k and I haven't been running so much. But I'm also excited to get out and give it my best.

Anyone else running a race this weekend??

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on your race. My husband and I are doing a 5K walk/run for the American Heart Association on Sunday.
  • My son, father and I are all participating in the 5k Army Run.

This will be my first run/walk in a race...ever!

I'm scared I won't make it. :(
  • martinh78
    Options
    There's the Great North Run on Sunday for anyone interested in marathons. It'll be on the BBC for those of us who don't run :o)
  • TalieMomTo2
    TalieMomTo2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have fun on your run this weekend!! I am participating in the 5k Army run on sunday in Ottawa!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm running my second ever 10K on Sunday. Good luck to you on your first 10K!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    My son, father and I are all participating in the 5k Army Run.

Oh you'll feel soooo awesome! The first run/walk is always the best because you come away and can say "I did it!!"
  • maura1110
    maura1110 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first 10K next saturday! and a 5K on sunday! :)
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Running a 10k on the coast tomorrow. I'm nervous because it's my first 10k and I haven't been running so much. But I'm also excited to get out and give it my best.

Anyone else running a race this weekend??
    You will do great, take it easy, make sure you bring your water and get plenty of sleep tonight, :flowerforyou: wish I was running this with you, however I have a retreat to do tomorrow morning. Will pray for you! :heart:
  • Kekibird
    Options
    You will do great, take it easy, make sure you bring your water and get plenty of sleep tonight, :flowerforyou: wish I was running this with you, however I have a retreat to do tomorrow morning. Will pray for you! :heart:

Thanks! Enjoy your retreat!
  • jackshortstack
    jackshortstack Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 5K for Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in NYC this weekend. Great cause and great exercise!! Anyone else going?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My son, father and I are all participating in the 5k Army Run.

Awesome family time!!!
  • Kekibird
    Options
    I'm doing the 5K for Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in NYC this weekend. Great cause and great exercise!! Anyone else going?

An excellent cause! My very first 5k walk was a Susan G Komen in LA.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Running a Founder's Day 5K tomorrow am. It'll be the first time running a 5K since I got plantar fasciitis over a month ago... I'm about 90% healed, but taking it slow in training again...... Hopefully I won't completely embarrass myself. I'm trying to be positive that at least I'll be racing instead of sitting on the sidelines. :-)
    Good luck to everyone!
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Rock 'n Roll Philly Half marathon on Sunday! We leave for Philly tomorrow morning :)

Good luck on everyone's races, and have fun!!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I am running my first obstacle course race this weekend!! Rockin Mad 5 mile obstacle course on sunday!!
    Good luck everyone!
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Not a race per se, but I’m trying for a PR – running the Terry Fox Run on Sunday. I used to do it every year with my family back in my hometown, back when I was a wee girl, so I’m excited to run it again. Husband might come with me!

Good luck, everyone!
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first 5k tomorrow morning -- I routinely run over 3 miles at a time so it should be a breeze, it's just my first real race ;-)

...and good luck on your 10k!! I am running my first one on October 29 -- I'm super excited :)
  • Kekibird
    Options
    DONE!!! Ran it in 83 minutes. Would have been faster had I not strained my hip around mile 4. But I finished strong and I did the first 5k in 37 minutes which is an improvement from my 41 minute 5k in January.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Did the 5K in 28 minutes....... I was happy, espeically since I pushed a double jogger most of the way (husband pushed it for the first 5 minutes)........... It was a fun race.

But then we went to an art community thingy and now my plantar fasciitis is hurting again........... Got to take tomorrow off and ice it. :-(
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! 29:29 for my 5K! Was hoping to break 30 minutes, but this was my first 5K race, so I wasn't sure if I could do it. So happy!