RED Team.. 1/7

Options
Hello Teammates!

I thought I would check in to see what kinds of challenges you might be interested in and then will start posting them every Wednesday...

Are you interested in fitness challenges? eating challenges? drinking water challenges? etc...
How many challenges a week are you interested in?
Do you want the challenges to build on one another?

Please post what interests you the most...

Replies

• jennifun
    Options
    Hello Teammates!

I thought I would check in to see what kinds of challenges you might be interested in and then will start posting them every Wednesday...

Are you interested in fitness challenges? eating challenges? drinking water challenges? etc...
    How many challenges a week are you interested in?
    Do you want the challenges to build on one another?

Please post what interests you the most...
  • aodier
    aodier Posts: 42
    Options
    I like the idea that the black team had for a challenge. ab work! how about everyone tries to do at least 15 mins if ab work for the rest of the week. or maybe a 15 min set in the morning and do the same in the evening? what u all think?
  • Bride092909
    Options
    Water challenges are great too, many of us struggle with getting enough water.

:drinker:
  • tamlom
    tamlom Posts: 49
    Options
    I think it is easier to post a weekly challenge or daily challenges fo the whole week. Does that make sense? And combo of things work best depending on fitness levels.

maybe somehting like:

four days this week 45 minutes of cardio
    Three days this week of core training
    Two day of weights.

And minimum of 5 glasses of water DAILY! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Just a suggestion; that way if someone can't make it on line everyday they at least know what they should be doing. :laugh:
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think it is easier to post a weekly challenge or daily challenges fo the whole week. Does that make sense? And combo of things work best depending on fitness levels.

maybe somehting like:

Two day of weights.

Just a suggestion; that way if someone can't make it on line everyday they at least know what they should be doing. :laugh:

Oh... I like that idea! :flowerforyou:
    I like to plan my week in advance and that would be perfect!!
    That way you can just print or write it out and post it up so you know what you have to do all week.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I'm up for anything! Exercise challenges would be good...keep me from being lazy! :blushing:
  • tamlom
    tamlom Posts: 49
    Options
    Where are :sad: all the red team members?
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    This Red team member is trying to figure out how to post on this thing!!! (see how long it took me...all day!!!) - :grumble: :laugh:

Jennifun - we're gonna get different people with different syles - if its not too much work maybe we could do both -

1.) a weekly challenge that is comprehensive, and then for those of us who need daily motivation,
    2.) do a little daily challenge i.e. "bet you can't drink 8 glasses of water today?" - keeps people logging in daily to see the newest challenge

- and if you forget to log in a day, don't worry - you better get the weekly challenge completed...

make sense?

:smile: or :noway: ?

116358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • whim
    whim Posts: 11
    Options
    Maybe 1 really hard fitness day challenge that can be done on whatever day of the week is convenient?
  • Renea101
    Options

maybe somehting like:

Two day of weights.

I like this idea because there are days that I can't get on at all since I work 2 jobs and other responsibilities! I can print and post on my desk and not get behind at least.
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options

maybe somehting like:

Two day of weights.

I really like the above suggestions. I like knowing ahead so I can plan our challenges with the other life challenges I have. I think there would be less confusion for all the members this way too.

Congratulations RED TEAM on a job well done. We are a force to be reckoned with:smile:

For the record I weighed in 3.2 pounds less since our last weigh in...I finally got that darn thing to move!!!

I did 60 minutes on my treadmill today
    I did 45 minutes on my stationary bike
    and I shovelled snow for 1 hour today (does anybody want any snow????)
    and I drank enough water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: today to drown my sorrows if the scale doesn't move next week...LOL
  • mddowlat
    Options
    I'm new to this. Are we going to post what we do on here each day? Ex. I met my goal today and drank a certain amount of water and did x amount of cardio?

I like the idea of what we need to do each day like drink 8 glasses of water and I like the idea of having the weekly goals. For example a certain amount of cardio, etc.

I have a suggestion- if we don't post daily- maybe we could have an accountability partner as a way to keep each other motivated????
  • mddowlat
    Options
    I'll take some snow, we hardly ever get it down here in Texas. My kids would love to play in it.:love:
  • healthier4me
    Options
    I'll take some snow, we hardly ever get it down here in Texas. My kids would love to play in it.:love:

Hahaha if only I could parcel some up and send it your way!!!! It truly is fun to play in. We have had so much of it this year I am using it to increase my exercise workout...you gotta love burning all those calories shovelling snow and snowshoeing!!
  • prplangl4
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!:happy:

Yeah, shoveling snow has never quite made it to Florida as a winter past time - I can go do some laps at the beach though :tongue:
  • prplangl4
    Options
    I think our team just started - at least I just started today so you're not the only newbie...

Our leader is suppose to tell us what's going down and she has just asked us for our input on what we want...I like your idea of having an accountability partner!
  • healthier4me
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!:happy:

Yeah, shoveling snow has never quite made it to Florida as a winter past time - I can go do some laps at the beach though :tongue:

LOL that might make for a good challenge for the team members that live in different climates. Laps at the beach vs shovelling snow!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I like the daily challenges and a big weekly challenge to be done the day which best suits us. I think 8 glasses of water should be a requirement not an "if I make it" - come on just start as soon as you roll out of bed in the morning. I have had 22 cups of water today without even trying. When you get in the habit your body craves it then you can't get enough! :bigsmile: Let's do this RED TEAM!!!!!
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a newbie to the red team!! WooHoo go REDS!! When is weigh in??