Public restroom survey

Options

Replies

• crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Flushed toilets don't grow on trees, y'know?
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    and for those that hover, please clean up your residual... I also foot flush.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    AAAAah cmon, flush and use. Now if it is going to invade my personal space, like I have to smell something that came out of another person, or clean the seat, I find another stall. I honestly cannot understand why people have to leave a mess in a public restroom. I mean really people.

This.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    OMG, at work one time I opened the stall to find this huge log (really impressive, I'm not kidding) and no paper floating in the bowl. I chose option 1.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I've chosen all of those options at one time or another...the *kitten* gaskets (a.k.a. toilet seat covers) don't always go down on the first try. In those instances, I don't have any issue with flushing & using. If someone leaves a deposit, on the other hand, I'll flush & walk away or just walk away depending on what the deposit is.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Really, really depends on what was left behind..

If nothing nasty 3. .... but agree with the foot strategy

If something I wish I hadn't seen, 2... no need to leave it for someone else ...
  • hikeout470
    Options
    Impressive
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I would flush it and use it. Honestly, why does you having to flush the toilet make it any more undesirable than if the person that had just used it, flushed it?

Sure it's not optimal. in a perfect world, the toilet would be flushed, a seat cover would be in place and romantic music would be playing. But, hey, I just gotta take a dump, and I am going to expedite the process and get back to work.
  • jjbnfo
    Options
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Sometimes flush then find another, sometimes just find another. Depends on the mess. If someone dropped a load and didn't flush, sorry, not my job. If it's just pee or toilet paper, I'll flush it with my foot and move on.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    1. Find another stall.

I'm not a germaphobe but I won't use a public toilet that has something in it unless there's no other alternative and I have to go really badly.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    and for those that hover, please clean up your residual... I also foot flush.

AMEN to this...
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Find another stall, and if none are available...wait.
    I do not understand some women. Is it so hard to take a quick peek to make sure you've left the stall as you found it?
  • hikeout470
    Options
    And lets bring up another point, the courtesy flush. It is not underrated. Obviously, I am forced to use public restrooms a lot at work, and this is a sensitive topic for me. Also, I cannot understand for the life of me why they don't have better ventilation in public restrooms! If you are an architect, please take note!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    OMG, at work one time I opened the stall to find this huge log (really impressive, I'm not kidding) and no paper floating in the bowl. I chose option 1.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    #4....FLUSH WITH SHOE THEN LEAVE A NOTE......WHOEVER COULDN'T GET ALL THAT DOWN IN ONE FLUSH CONTACT THE MFP WEBSITE YOUR PROBABLY GONNA NEED IT!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    1, 2 and 3.

It is a TOILET. People do crap in them, whether I see it or not.

If *kitten* is sprayed all over I'll go with option #1 - otherwise I'll go with 2 or 3.
  • KENNY1957
    KENNY1957 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Heeee Heee....LMfatAO....I CRACK MY SELF...NO PUN INTENDED!!!!:laugh:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I would flush and use.

I don't get why you can't flush yourself and use. It's not like bending over the toilet to flush it is going to make a monster jump up out of the toilet and give you some incurable disease.