Hello all

Options
Hi I'm Martin I'm 28 and from the UK. I'm trying to lose weight (I was 113KG hoping to get to below 100, even below 110 sustained would be a boost). I'm a veggie, but unfortunately a veggie with a taste for chips, cheese and pizza

Just started using the site and android app this week(started on Monday), I'm liking it. I've set a goal of 2lbs per week and so far i've been pretty much hitting the calories target (been a bit over but normally less than 100)

Things I'm liking
- the database
- the barcode scan
- the target setting
- the little popup at the end of the day saying how much you should be in 5 weeks

Martin

Replies

• solflyer81
    Options
    Hiyas and welcome : ) This place rocks!

Something you should add to your list of likes on MFP: THE COMMUNITY!!!!

: ) everyone here is super supportive. I have never been this successful and getting in shape and eating right in my life. Until now, until MFP.

Good luck on your journey!

feel free to add me for support : )
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Martin I'm 28 and from the UK. I'm trying to lose weight (I was 113KG hoping to get to below 100, even below 110 sustained would be a boost). I'm a veggie, but unfortunately a veggie with a taste for chips, cheese and pizza

Just started using the site and android app this week(started on Monday), I'm liking it. I've set a goal of 2lbs per week and so far i've been pretty much hitting the calories target (been a bit over but normally less than 100)

Things I'm liking
    - the database
    - the barcode scan
    - the target setting
    - the little popup at the end of the day saying how much you should be in 5 weeks

Martin
    Hi Martin, welcome to MFP.

Don't have a smartphone myself so only use the online facilities. I too started at 113kg (which for a short *kitten* like myself was waaaay to heavy) and I've lost 7kg in 5 weeks. Tomorrow's my weigh-in so hopefully bumped that down a bit more.

Great that you've lost 2kg already. I wish I started at your age, but then I didn't start piling on the lbs until I hit my 30s and then it was yo-yo for the next 15 yrs. I'm now on a campaign to get Fit by 50 and you know, I think it might just happen this time.

I think what helps me most at MFP is being able to keep an accurate food and exercise diary, not to mention all the support you get. There's a lot of sensible advice to be gleaned from veterans who've lost weight and are keeping it off, and of course there's bucket loads of spurious claims and counter-claims, but you can usually work out which ones are the real deal.

Hope you'll be a round for a long while and remember, it not about the quick fix... losing 1kg a week is great in the beginning, but when you hit 100kg maybe take time to reflect and see if you need to bring it down a notch to 0.75kg or even 0.5kg a week. That way you're most likely to get into the mindset that this is what you need to do to sustain at a healty weight, following a food and exercise plan that suits you, that you enjoy, without feeling you're depriving yourself. You can do it!

Good luck!
  • martinwarby
    martinwarby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure over what period I lost that 2KG though, today as first proper weigh-in, we'll see how it goes
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Welcome!! I think you will find lots of terrific people here!!