Looking for Buddies

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Janice. I am new here, from Ontario, Canada and would love support from anyone and anywhere.

I will be married 29 years next Saturday to my best friend Jim. We have 3 grown children and 3 adorable grandchildren.

I am a runner, although very slow. I get passed by plenty of walkers. My last race, which I pretty much walked since the summer was so hot and humid here, was called the Chocolate Race and I was dead last, but that was ok. It was the furthest distance I have ever done...10 miles (16K). There was lots of chocolate at the end (and on the route) but I burned over 1400 calories, so I did indulge!) :) I have gotten back to more running now with the cooler weather and will be doing a 10K with Jim on our anniversary at the Toronto Zoo. I haven't registered yet, but am thinking about a Half Marathon in Niagara Falls on October 23...something big to aim for before I turn 50 in December! I know I can do it...after all, it is only another 5.1K more than I have done.

Sorry to be so long-winded. Looking forward to making some new friends and getting (and giving) lots of support.