Healthy pizza recipes please!

Options
caretheaton
caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
Hello all!

I am in need of some healthy and unique pizza recipes! I'm making dinner for my family tonight (about 6 people total) and would like to make at least 3 different kinds of pzza for everyone to try, but I want them to be as healthy as possible! Does anyone have some go-to delicious pizza combinations that they can suggest?

Thanks!

Replies

• sdwelk11
    Options
    sometimes I use sandwich thins as my crust. I bake them in the oven for about 5 minutes(or long enough to make them crispy) at 350 degrees and then pull them out and put my toppings on and bake them till the cheese melts and they are super yummy mini pizzas! i love them... less than 300 calories each depending on what toppings you like
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms, turkey pepperoni
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    sometimes I use sandwich thins as my crust. I bake them in the oven for about 5 minutes(or long enough to make them crispy) at 350 degrees and then pull them out and put my toppings on and bake them till the cheese melts and they are super yummy mini pizzas! i love them... less than 300 calories each depending on what toppings you like

I use tortillas sometimes, but sandwich thins is an INCREDIBLE idea!!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I've just made pizza for dinner tonight! I've taken a thin ham and pineapple pizza and dressed it with light cheese and antipasti, including sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, feta, olives and mushrooms. I used a light cheese but sprinkled sparingly.

Total for half (Yes, HALF!) a pizza was 517 calories!!!!

Definitely a good option :)

Thin base makes a big difference - about half a cup of oil less than thick.
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have also used the Flatout brand flatbreads as a crust...I put olive oil on it & put it in the oven for a few minutes to make it a little crispy then add whatever toppings...my favorite one is a thai chicken pizza with a thai peanut sauce, chicken, cilantro and cheese...
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Homemade Garden Pizza is good...

Whole wheat pizza crust, marinara, fat free mozzerella, onions, zuchini, squash, portabello mushrooms, and artichokes.

Follow the preheating instructions on the pizza crust. I don't usually put oil on the crust. It still gets crispy. It's really tasty too.

Another pizza option if you want some meat add just a little bit of baked chicken and cut into small pieces.

Don't go overboard on cheese though. That will bring the calories way up.
  • hollybearrington
    Options
    Hey I just seen on bodyrock..(no recipe) that they used those X-large mushrooms caps to hold the pizza stuff. I will go look again and see what I can find
  • jennyrider
    Options
    I use the flat-out (light) as the crust. Add 2 tbsp. Muir glen organic pizza sauce, w/ boars head provalone cheese on top of that & some turkey pepoeroni. Pop into the oven under broil until cheese has turned light golden. Very low cal & quite delicious. I think if I remember right its under 300 calories per flat-out.
  • kwaters7
    Options
    Good question man

I'm guessing Dominos Meat Feast and a can of Diet Coke doesn't qualify? :smile:
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I try to incorporate arugula, spinach, fresh tomatoes, and mushrooms as toppings on a thin crust with low-fat or vegan cheese. So yummy!
  • Julia6633
    Julia6633 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use Joesph's - Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Pita Bread, red pepper hummus and tons of veggies..like zucchini, tomatoes,peppers, spinach and top with feta (2 tbsp). Only has about 200-250 calories.
  • hollybearrington
    Options
    found it here u go

Ingredients:

4 tomatoes, 4 large portobello mushrooms, 4 cloves of garlic, lemon, 1 leek, 1 onion, fresh basil, parmigiano reggiano cheese, fresh parsley, olive oil, salt.

Heat up about 2 table spoons of olive oil.

Chop the onion.
    Stir the onion until it’s slightly brown.

Dice up the tomatoes.
    Chop the garlic.
    Chop the leek.
    Add the tomatoes, garlic,leek, and pinch of salt to the onions. Saute the ingredients until the tomatoes are soft.
    Squeeze about 1 table spoon of fresh lemon juice over the ingredients.
    Add about 5 leaves of chopped fresh basil.

Spray olive oil on a baking sheet and place the mushrooms on the sheet with the bottom side up.
    Add the mixed ingredients from the sauce pan into each mushroom and top with grated parmegiano cheese. Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes at 400F

Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Ready to serve :)
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I use a pre-baked whole wheat crust, Wal-mart brand pizza sauce, canadian bacon, pineapple and topped with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.

The pizza sauce is lower in sugar than other brands, I use the one serving size of canadian bacon and cut each piece into fourths and place on top of the sauce, then can of pineapple with the cheese on top.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    My go-to pizza is black olives, light feta cheese, spicy turkey sausage, roasted red peppers and a fresh tomato-basil sauce...all on a thin whole wheat pizza crust. Pita pizzas are pretty good too.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, but want to sing the praises of turkey pepperoni. It certainly isn't health food, but calorie-wise it is much better than regular pepperoni and tastes very similar.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    One of my fav pizza I found on this site Cauliflower pizza crust. Your crust is cauliflower can't get a whole lot healthier than that :) Just google it or search it here in forums to get the recipe and pics :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Barbeque chicken pizza - low sugar bbq sauce, cooked chicken, red onion, skim mozzarella

Teriyaki Chicken pizza - teriyaki sauce (use sparingly ....salt!), cooked chicken, red onion, pineapple tidbits, 2% cheddar (sharp cheddar - less goes further).

I like making dough from scratch - just roll it out thin. Pizza on bread (or tortillas) just isn't pizza to me.
  • ndswimchick22
    ndswimchick22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Making pizza for dinner here tonight.

Whole wheat Pizza Crust is always great. I make my own.

For toppings...try Margarita Pizza....

It's Tomatoes, Spinach (raw), and balsamic vinegar!....no cheese needed!
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I use Kangaroo Wheat Pita Pockets for crust its 80 calories for 1/2 pita or obviously 160 for a whole pita, as far cheese I usually use Publix crumbled goat cheese its about 80 calories for 1/4 cup or part skim mozzerella shredded chesse is about 170 calories for a 1/2 cup, I only use about a 1/8 cup of either cheese though IF THAT as I don't really like a lot of cheese anyways, then just add some sauce and whatever toppings your in the mood for. I really like about 2 slices fo crumbled turkey bacon on it and peppers. Put it in the over for bout 5-10 minutes for crispy crust and BOOM delcious healthy pizza.
  • darklord48
    darklord48 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have also used the Flatout brand flatbreads as a crust...I put olive oil on it & put it in the oven for a few minutes to make it a little crispy then add whatever toppings...my favorite one is a thai chicken pizza with a thai peanut sauce, chicken, cilantro and cheese...

2nd on the Flatouts. Just bake them plain first, then add toppings and bake again, otherwise they don't get as crispy.