Why men don't write advice columns

Options
dothompson
dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
Dear Walter,

I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor's daughter. I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbor's daughter is 22. We have been married for ten years.
When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?
Sincerely, Sheila

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is
faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.

I hope this helps,
Walter

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Dear Walter,

I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor's daughter. I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbor's daughter is 22. We have been married for ten years.
    When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?
    Sincerely, Sheila

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is
    faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.

I hope this helps,
    Walter
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    omg that's awful haha
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Haha, so true!

:laugh:
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    *shakes her head* :laugh:
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

too funny!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I don`t get it. huh.gif

smiley-scared004.gif
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Amen aint that the truth..Men never would see the real problem they heard the word car lol
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Very Funny

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I represent those remarks. HAHA
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's funny.
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You've also got to consider the weather; a pre-1987 vehicle will not have fuel injection, thus without proper warming up period in cold weather, the vehicle may be prone to stalls. I am surprised your husband was unaware of this - what kind of man is he?
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    So what is the other problem some of you think is being overlooked???
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    he did identify a problem and come up with solutions that are pretty sound