too much protein???

Options
I keep going over on my protein daily count. I am a vegetarian and eat a lot of soy which is full of protein. I am wondering if going over on the protein and under on the calories will even things up a bit. Or is it ok to go over on the proteins as long as they are skinny proteins such as soy?

Replies

• ldsupergirl
    Options
    I keep going over on my protein daily count. I am a vegetarian and eat a lot of soy which is full of protein. I am wondering if going over on the protein and under on the calories will even things up a bit. Or is it ok to go over on the proteins as long as they are skinny proteins such as soy?
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I always go over my protein too but I was told that it was good to eat 1/2 your body weight in protein (I'm not sure if this is because I run or if everyone should go by this standard...although even when I'm not running, I make sure to keep my protein higher). If you weigh 130 pounds then eat 65 grams of protein throughout the day, divided between all your meals...your body can only absorb so many grams of protein at one time so there is no point in eating it all within one meal.

You should definitely stay within your calories range even though you go over in protein, it's a totally separate issue.

Hope that helps a bit.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    You can also change the % of protein, carbs and fat. A lot of people think the protein % is low, so I changed mine and now I try to get close to all of my protein, fat and carb %.
  • wantmycurvesback
    Options
    You can also change the % of protein, carbs and fat. A lot of people think the protein % is low, so I changed mine and now I try to get close to all of my protein, fat and carb %.
    Where do you do that, I looked but didn't see anything under settings, thanks.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    you go into the goals, and set your own goals to change the %. :smile: