darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    1. get bag of microwave popcorn

2. put in microwave oven

3. select popcorn setting

4. wait

5. eat popcorn

LOL!

That's about the extent of my cooking. I think I'm in the wrong thread :-)
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Tuna Melt (same recipe I posted last week)

1 light english muffin
    1 can of water packed tuna
    1.5 tbsp light mayo
    salt and pepper
    2 tbsp reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 and split the muffin in half.

Toast the muffin.

While toasting squeeze the liquid from tuna. Mix in the mayo and salt and pepper to taste.

Top each muffin half with half of the tuna mixture and 1 tbsp of shredded cheese.

Bake until cheese is melted.

I use Healthy Life 80 calorie english muffins and the recipe has about 330 calories for the whole thing.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Chicken with Green Peppers

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    2 green peppers, seeded and chopped
    1/3 low-sodium soy sauce

Preheat oven to 350

Put chicken and peppers in a large baking dish. Pour soy sauce over everything.

Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

150 calories
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Some of us appreciate your thread (I have actually bookmarked it) :smile: I was incredibly proud I managed to make edible brownies today... that's how bad I am! :flowerforyou:
  • Imahottmess
    Options
    *sigh*

Some of us appreciate your thread (I have actually bookmarked it) :smile: I was incredibly proud I managed to make edible brownies today... that's how bad I am! :flowerforyou:

LOL, I still have not accomplished edible brownies. I can bake anything else, but brownies are a mystery to me.

I :heart: this thread. I have copied a couple already that i want to try next week.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Ok thought of two more that are my "go to" recipes...

Maple Salmon - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/maple-salmon/detail.aspx
    (this one is so easy to make and the best salmon recipe I've ever found)

Quinoa and Black Beans - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-and-black-beans/detail.aspx
    (really great for those who are new to quinoa)
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    This is my lentil chicken thing. It is easy, yummy and good for you.

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cut into 3/4 inch pieces
    1 small cooking onion - diced
    1 red pepper - chopped
    Lg can diced tomatoes - drained
    1 can lentils - well rinsed and drained
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (approx)
    Dried thyme, dried rosemary and black pepper, to taste (about 1/2 tbsp each)

Heat olive oil in large pan on med-high heat. I use my wok because I don't get to use it often enough, and I love my wok.
    Lightly brown chicken pieces
    Add onion and peppers - cook until onions are translucent, stirring frequently (constantly)
    Add balsamic and continue to stir until incorporated
    Add herbs
    Add tomatoes and lentils and stir
    Reduce heat to simmer
    Add black pepper

Stir occasionally and allow to reduce to desired consistency (about 45 minutes)
    I made this last night and it was very good. I'll be eating it for lunch a few days this week, along with a side of rosemary roasted carrots. Check out my blog post to see what it looked like and small changes that I made in the recipe: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/therobinator/view/basic-chicken-lentil-stew-151788
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    "Cheesy Beefy Quesadillas"

Ingredients:
    1 Large La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb/High FIber tortilla
    1/3 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles
    1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    One-half wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese
    1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
    1/2 tablespoon chopped scallions
    1/4 teaspoon dry taco seasoning mix
    Optional: additional fat-free sour cream, for dipping

Directions:
    In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine soy crumbles, cheddar cheese, scallions, sour cream, and seasoning mix, stirring thoroughly. Microwave for 30 seconds. give mixture another stir and set aside.
    Lay tortilla flat and spread cheese wedge evenly over one half.
    Bring a medium-large pan sprayed with non-stick spray to medium heat and lay tortilla in it with the cheesy side up. Cook for about 30 seconds.
    Top the cheese tortilla half with the soy crumbles mixture.
    Using a spatula, carefully fold the plain tortilla half over the other half, pressing down with the spatula to seal. Cook for about 1 minute, until slightly toasted on the bottom.
    Flip and continue to cook for about 1 minute. The quesadilla is done when both sides are toasted. Remove from heat and cut into four triangles. Serve with sour cream for dipping, if you like.
    MAKES 1 SERVING
    196 Calories, 5g. Fat, 931mg. Sodium, 25g Carbs, 13.5g Fiber, 2.5g Sugars, 25.5g Protein
  • lessardstroud
    Options
    "Cheesy Beefy Quesadillas"

Ingredients:
    1 Large La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb/High FIber tortilla
    1/3 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles
    1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    One-half wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese
    1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
    1/2 tablespoon chopped scallions
    1/4 teaspoon dry taco seasoning mix
    Optional: additional fat-free sour cream, for dipping

Directions:
    In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine soy crumbles, cheddar cheese, scallions, sour cream, and seasoning mix, stirring thoroughly. Microwave for 30 seconds. give mixture another stir and set aside.
    Lay tortilla flat and spread cheese wedge evenly over one half.
    Bring a medium-large pan sprayed with non-stick spray to medium heat and lay tortilla in it with the cheesy side up. Cook for about 30 seconds.
    Top the cheese tortilla half with the soy crumbles mixture.
    Using a spatula, carefully fold the plain tortilla half over the other half, pressing down with the spatula to seal. Cook for about 1 minute, until slightly toasted on the bottom.
    Flip and continue to cook for about 1 minute. The quesadilla is done when both sides are toasted. Remove from heat and cut into four triangles. Serve with sour cream for dipping, if you like.
    MAKES 1 SERVING
    196 Calories, 5g. Fat, 931mg. Sodium, 25g Carbs, 13.5g Fiber, 2.5g Sugars, 25.5g Protein

This sounds awesome! I am going to make these for my 9 year old because he loves quesadillas and he needs to lose weight per his doctor. Thanks for sharing!