Wanted: A meal that I can eat until I'm stuffed

Options
h3h8m3
h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
Okay, I've been eating healthy for about 5 months. And that means stopping my meals when I've had enough, NOT when I feel full. I get it, and I absolutely plan to live by that as the general rule for the rest of my life.

That said... every once in a while I'd really like the ability to feel absolutely full (even if it's just to prove that I shouldn't do it!) without going crazy on calories.

Any suggestions for foods that I can have a LOT of without going over maybe... 700 or so calories? The only thing that isn't a helpful suggestion is veggies. Yes, I know I can eat as many pieces of broccoli as I want, but really, that's not going to cut it. Even the good veggies (corn on the cob!) have too many calories to go crazy with.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone has a good suggestion.

Thanks!

Replies

• _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Burritos.
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    soba noodles+hummus+salmon= : )
  • Plain popcorn that you pop yourself is pretty good, I find :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Stir fry, if you don't eat too much rice. You can use lots of different veggies and put a bunch of chicken or shrimp in there and you'd definitely be full before you hit 700 calories.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Lean steak, fillets. new york strips, just cut the fat off......
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    4oz dry penne
    10oz chicken
    150g of broccoli
    sauce
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I have some "fiber gourmet" mac and cheese. The whole box is about 480 calories! That and a 5 oz steak and I really am stuffed
  • newlyknit
    newlyknit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I made whole wheat pizza last weekend, after two pieces I was STUFFED, less than 400 cals for both pieces, so even if you had three you'd be under 700.

Anything with beans or whole wheat fills me up fast.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash with marinara sauce

green smoothies

oven roasted veggies (combining low cal items like cauliflower with more filling items like sweet potato, add anything you like - peppers, onions, carrots, potatoes, broccoli, beets, squash, turnip, parsnip, tomatoes....)

veggie soup

one of my favourite, veggie chili using mushrooms instead of the meat (I use my food processor but you cuold just crumble them by hand before cooking)

lettuce wraps - I use sprouts, peppers, cucumbers and hummus, you could add whatever you like.

good luck!!
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    i'm a breakfast person so i love a bowl of steel cut oats with about 2 t. of pure maple syrup! nothing fills me more! my average serving size is 1/4 C (dry), but even 1/2 C with the syrup is only around 300 cals. love the nutty flavor, love the texture... you could even go wild and add some fresh fruit or nuts! :smile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I make a yummy cheeseburger salad and it can be as small or as big as you want and it's really delicious and low cal.

1 hamburger patty
    1 slice cheddar cheese
    lettuce/salad mix
    tomato
    avocado
    cucumber (optional)
    ranch dressing

You can also make it with lean steak strips and more veggies (sauteed bell peppers and onions, etc.)
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    popcorn, black bean soup, hummus and endive,watermelon or three skinny girl carmel ice cream sticks=300cal YUM!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I know you said no veggies, but, use spaghetti squash for noodle, use ground turkey, tomato sauce, and add a lot of veggies to the sauce. You can eat a lot of that and feel very fulfilled.
    You can also slow bake chicken in diced tomatoes and peppers (whatever other spices, veggies you like in a Mexican flavor) bake until you can shred the chicken. You can eat this over rice/barley, quinoa, or in a low cal tortilla, or over veggies and it is very low cal and flavorful.