Sneaking in Exercise

Options
I have been making it a habit to do 2-3 sets of 15 squats everytime I go to the restroom! (private bathrooms, not stalls, thank goodness!) and I've been doing toe lifts while waiting at the copier!

Any other ways you sneak exercise in during your everyday activities? I'm trying to get it in wherever possible as I get back on track and losing weight again...Give me your tips! :)

Regina

Replies

• _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have a private office, so I can shut the door and do some push ups off the top of my desk (I can't even do girly pushups yet, so I do these instead).

Also, I saw someone else suggest wearing 2-3 pound weights around your ankles all day...
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Also, I saw someone else suggest wearing 2-3 pound weights around your ankles all day...

I can barely walk around with my OWN weight half the time!! :)

Regina
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Tricep dips on my office chair! Also, sit at far front edge of desk chair, tighten core muscles, and lift legs off the floor. Balance using your core. I do this all day long, sometimes :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this will work for you - I keep a resistance band in my desk drawer (not the handle kind). This way I can sit on it and do overhead presses or bicep curls. Loop around the soles of your feet for leg presses.

There are a bunch of office chair exercises - no equipment required - I'll look for it. One exercise - sit on the very edge of your chair and do tricep dips.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/101254-desk-chair-exercises/

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blofficeworkout.htm
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I work in a cube out in the open.... and I feel uncomfortable doing chair exercises in front of everyone! I feel like I'll fall off the chair, go thud, and be the center of attention!

Regina