what is: New Rules of Lifting for Women "& 30 Day Shred ever

:blushing: After reading all those posts, I am wondering.....what are these two things everyone is talking about???
New Rules of Lifting for Women and 30 Day Shred? Can you tell I am new here? Please share!

11123229.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    The first is a book on weight training for women and the second is a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. ;o)
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    30 Day Shred is a Jillian Michaels DVD.....not sure why there are new rules for women lifting all of a sudden....
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is awesome. 20 minute circuit training with 3 levels. Along with a warm up and cool down. It's a great workout with great results :)
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    30 Day Shred is a workout DVD done by Jillian Michaels that advertises you could lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days. It's less than 30 minutes a day. There are 3 levels. You do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days, and level 3 for 10 days. You will need weights and a mat if you are working on a hard surface. The DVD is available at Walmart and Target and is less than $10. I'm currently on Level 1, Day 4. :happy:

As for the other, I'm not sure what that is. LOL!
  • I'm gonna look into the 30 day shred....
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    I dont know what New Rules of Lifing for Women is - but am interested to know as well!

30 Day Shred is a program that you can get on DVD that Jillian Michales does. It's pretty intense - but in a good way - i like her style because she is intense but doesn't kill you. they are 20 min a day workouts, and you go between abs, cardio and strength training in each workout. you can get the DVD on amazon etc for a pretty reasonable price.
    Hope that helps!
    and welcome!
    Suzi
  • crocakahe
    crocakahe Posts: 18 Member
    thanks, sounds like something i can handle!!! Glad I asked!
  • veggie_rachel
    veggie_rachel Posts: 28 Member
    I just tried the 30-Day Shred the other day and only made it halfway through :(
  • crocakahe
    just bought 30 day shred and did the workout! I liked it...what do you log in for exercise for this workout?????
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    just bought 30 day shred and did the workout! I liked it...what do you log in for exercise for this workout?????
    Most people do circuit training general. Good luck with it!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    When I googled the 30shred it shows up one from 1997, is that the same one? :)
  • crocakahe
    the copy on this one is 2007..found at a walmart for about $7
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    I don't know what my eyes were seeing, I regoogled and see it 2007/8. Oh dear :/
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    I don't know what my eyes were seeing, I regoogled and see it 2007/8. Oh dear :/
    Yep, that's the one. She has newer workouts but if you haven't done them before, 30DS is a good one to start with. Ripped in 30 is a good one to progress to after that. I love her 3,2,1 circuits. I hope she comes out with a newer one!
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    :blushing: After reading all those posts, I am wondering.....what are these two things everyone is talking about???
    New Rules of Lifting for Women and 30 Day Shred? Can you tell I am new here? Please share!

11123229.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

New Rules of Lifting for Women is a book with a 6 month strength training program as well as nutrition advice. You can find it on Amazon and read the reviews there.