Seeking a Support Group

Options
Hey everyone. I am a 27 year old female who has had some yo-yo dieting issues in the past. I've been every size from a 6 to an 18 and right now, as much as it pains me, I'm leaning towards my heaviest. I'm ready to commit to losing weight the right way, and making it a way of life. I was married this past May, and I'm ready to get myself in shape before adding on to my family.

I have a group of friends that likes to have a good time. Sometimes it's difficult to make healthy choices when everyone else seems to be able to eat and drink whatever they choose with no repercussions. (I am aware that there are ALWAYS repercussions and that some of these people work QUITE hard to maintain their physique, but sometimes it feels that way anyway!) Being the heaviest (at this point in time!) I find it very difficult to go to them with weight issues and for support. Some of them just don't understand where I am coming from because they honestly have never had the struggle that I do with food. I honestly have a very unhealthy relationship with food.

I want to work on this and lose the weight slowly and forever and I'm looking to network with others who may be in a similar situation or even just want some mutual support of our efforts! Please feel free to read through my profile and blog and if you think we would be a good match to motivate each other, add me as a friend! I could really use the help and I'm ready to make this change! I should add... I do enjoy my wine and my beer, despite the health implications and weight loss issues connected to alcohol. I do so responsibly, but if me posting about issues relating to balancing calories between eating and weekend drinking will be offensive, we may not be a great match for each other :) I really look forward to getting to know some of you and helping each other through our struggles and cheering on our successes!

All the best,
Regina

Replies