Weight watchers points

Options
Has anyone tried weight watchers? I went to the website, but unless you join, they don't give you much info on how it works. I'd like to know how they determine your point range. I tried to figure it out for myself and it seems like I would be required to eat 1000 cals and 20 g. fat. As a survivor of an eating disorder, I know that so little nutrition would kill me. Any info would be appreciated so I can see if it is reasonable for me. Also if you have done it and have a good or bad result I would love to hear that too.
Thanks!:wink:

Replies

• hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried weight watchers? I went to the website, but unless you join, they don't give you much info on how it works. I'd like to know how they determine your point range. I tried to figure it out for myself and it seems like I would be required to eat 1000 cals and 20 g. fat. As a survivor of an eating disorder, I know that so little nutrition would kill me. Any info would be appreciated so I can see if it is reasonable for me. Also if you have done it and have a good or bad result I would love to hear that too.
    Thanks!:wink:
  • Katton
    Katton Posts: 17
    Options
    I have done WW for many years. I joined here because I was a little burnt out and needed something new. :smile: If you pay for an online subscription they will determine your points by age, height, weight and level of activity you do in a day. Everyone is different. You can eat what you want but they have healthy guidelines they want you to follow like 5 servings of fruits and veggies, 6-8 glasses of water, daily vitamins. As you lose weight it will adjust your point level for you. You can earn activity points for exercise that will give you extra points to eat for that day. I lost 50 lbs on WW 15 years ago and kept it off until I had kids. A year ago in April I joined again and took of 30 lbs so it definitely works, you just need to stick to the guidelines.

I think you can do a 3 month trial, last I remember it was around $17 a month.

Hope that helps. :flowerforyou:
  • melilissa_r
    Options
    They base it on your weight, age and lifestyle (according to what you do for work) They take all those factors into consideration to give you a set point number. I have been doing WW since March of 08 and I have lost alittle over 20 lbs. My set amount of points was 26, plus they give a weekly points allowance of 35. It works great, if you work the plan. I am going to try this for a while (counting cals) and see if there is a difference with my weight loss.

WW can be expensive if you go to meetings and online..........around 40 a month. I just do online which is about 17 per month.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm sure somewhere there's the formula online- try yahoo answers- people are always getting info on there. I've done it a lot too, but I'm beyond burned out from it. I had some success there as well, but couldnt take it anymore.
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi goochinator, There is a site called www.bootcampbuddies.com and they are all about weight watches. It is a free web site and it is pretty good.

Pat, I hope I got that right. You might google boot camp buddies and see what you come up with.

:flowerforyou:
  • cmountz
    Options
    Points for a food are calculated by

Points = Calories + (Fat x 4) - (Fiber x 10) / 50