WARM LEMON WATER IN THE MORNING!! :)

Options

Replies

• Brandellina
    Brandellina Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    No offense...but the livestrong website is written by someone with a business degree, and the http://www.outofstress.com/lemon-water-lose-weight/ website is written by someone that does not say ANY credentials.

No offense to people...but you need to start looking at your sources. Anyone can say anything and it will get published in some "help yourself" type magazine or website. But...you need to find a registered dietician that has degrees to tell you legit info.

I would agree with you! but it's just lemon and warm water! it doesn't hurt you nor will it kill you!

I agree! I understand if I was stating a diet pill or some quick fix diet plan, but this is just natural WATER and LEMON. If it can harm you in any way...then i'll be damned if I eat another fruit or drink water again! There are many people in this post stating that it works for them, it can't be that much of a load of bologna! Not to be offensive in any way, of course.

Of course, no offense. :laugh:

Haha, I do mean that, I am in no way someone that wants or tries to offend anyone. Just a nice gal wanting to share my personal experiences with fresh lemon water with fellow MFP's, the negativity just seems a bit unnecessary to me from some users.

I don't think anyone is being particularly negative about this, some just want to see the proof in the pudding so to speak, rather than anecdotal information.

Exactly...thank you for helping me try to say what I'm saying. I may not have come across the best, and I'm sorry for that. But, really...lemon and water isn't bad for you! I'm just saying that in terms of weight loss, I personally would like to see some studies that back.

I understand where you are coming from hun, but I never stated that it was for SPECIFICALLY for weight loss. Yes, I indeed did lose weight while trying it, but that is MY personal experience. I mentioned vitamins and how it gets me to the bathroom more regularly, but I never once said that this is a "weight loss" technique. Me mentioning the 4 pound weight loss, is me mentioning how my body reacted to it. That is all. Thank you for the feedback :)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    No offense...but the livestrong website is written by someone with a business degree, and the http://www.outofstress.com/lemon-water-lose-weight/ website is written by someone that does not say ANY credentials.

No offense to people...but you need to start looking at your sources. Anyone can say anything and it will get published in some "help yourself" type magazine or website. But...you need to find a registered dietician that has degrees to tell you legit info.

I would agree with you! but it's just lemon and warm water! it doesn't hurt you nor will it kill you!

I agree! I understand if I was stating a diet pill or some quick fix diet plan, but this is just natural WATER and LEMON. If it can harm you in any way...then i'll be damned if I eat another fruit or drink water again! There are many people in this post stating that it works for them, it can't be that much of a load of bologna! Not to be offensive in any way, of course.

Haha, I do mean that, I am in no way someone that wants or tries to offend anyone. Just a nice gal wanting to share my personal experiences with fresh lemon water with fellow MFP's, the negativity just seems a bit unnecessary to me from some users.

I don't think anyone is being particularly negative about this, some just want to see the proof in the pudding so to speak, rather than anecdotal information.

Exactly...thank you for helping me try to say what I'm saying. I may not have come across the best, and I'm sorry for that. But, really...lemon and water isn't bad for you! I'm just saying that in terms of weight loss, I personally would like to see some studies that back.

I understand where you are coming from hun, but I never stated that it was for SPECIFICALLY for weight loss. Yes, I indeed did lose weight while trying it, but that is MY personal experience. I mentioned vitamins and how it gets me to the bathroom more regularly, but I never once said that this is a "weight loss" technique. Me mentioning the 4 pound weight loss, is me mentioning how my body reacted to it. That is all. Thank you for the feedback :)

^^^THIS
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am outta here. This post has turned into nothing but a peeing contest.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I am outta here. This post has turned into nothing but a peeing contest.

Yeah, you better leave, I pee WAY better than you. :bigsmile:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options

Yes! That's fine! Anything hot in the morning will make you do your business. Anything with vitamin C will do the other part! I don't know why people are getting so bent out of shape! If you want lemon water...have it!!! It's not going to hurt you! If it were to happen to benefit you...then that's even better!

I just think people (not you because you posted it) need to think before they just try things blindly. Obviously it worked for you, and it's not harmful...so that's fine. But if I were to come on here and say something like "I puke after every meal and I've lost 10 pounds" some people would believe it and do it! Even though it's not safe! So...to the OP, this is NOTHING against you at all....so I'm sorry if I may have come across this way. My main point in the beginning was that people just need to look at research before they try stuff, especially stuff that could be dangerous or a waste of money (like HCG)...not lemon water...because that's not harmful.
  • littlemount
    Options
    Totally interesting debate/ discussion. I have seen so many people do this. Well during the old days there was no research articles to back up everything.
    So let me tell u want I think rather my opinion. Limes have vitamin c only 20 mg mind u vitamin c has innumerable benefits, according Arizona university research article vit c is essential for biosynthesis of carnithine a molecule required for oxidation of fatty acids. So instead of plain water a little vitamin c boost is good, nowadays we take 250- 500 mg of vitamin c is a max of 1000mg
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    The 17 Day Diet starts every day with an 8 ounce cup of water with the juice of half a lemon squeezed into the water. I put filtered water into a coffe cup and heat in the microwaver for 1 minute. Then squeeze in my half-a-lemon, and I love this! According to the book, "the lemon stimulates your digestive juices".

I think it's also his way to get you to start your day with 8 ounces of water. There are a lot of different opinions on if we need a certain amount of water each day. Again, from the 17 DD book, "The rate at which you burn calories drops if you're dehydrated. And if you're dehydrated, your body doesn't absorb nutrients properly".

And, like I said, I just like it!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • Brandellina
    Brandellina Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you Littlemount and Iceskatefanrn for the information! :)
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I was told one time by a person that used this as a dieting cleanse. She told me that it triggers your kidneys to flush.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I think I'll try this tmrw! Is it ok to use the lemon juice from the bottle? I don't buy fresh lemons really.... but have plenty of the 100%natural stuff. and it sounds like it's 1cup water to.... tbsp lemon? if it does have a laxative effect on me this weekend'll be a perfect time to try it (no work... that'd be terrible to find out while at work huh!)
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options

Here's a tip: When you start a sentence with "no offense to people".....that means you already know what you're about to say is offensive. At that point, you should stop what you were about to type and think about a more constructive way of saying what's on your mind. It goes the same for, "not to be racist".....or "not trying to be rude, but"......

I found that offensive.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options

Here's a tip: When you start a sentence with "no offense to people".....that means you already know what you're about to say is offensive. At that point, you should stop what you were about to type and think about a more constructive way of saying what's on your mind. It goes the same for, "not to be racist".....or "not trying to be rude, but"......

Would "not trying to be hypocritical" fit into your words of wisdom for us?

Did I begin a sentence with one of those phrases? How am I hypocritical?

Did I mention your name? How do you know I'm talking to you?

See? I can play dumb too.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I have heard about this, but cringed at the thought of it, but I finally kicked myself in the behind and decided to try it out. I've been doing it for a week now and have lost almost 4 pounds! After doing my research I found out that it regulates the bodies digestive system and gives you vitamin C. It also helps the body break down sugars better, and more. The catch though, is that you should drink it warm, which makes it much less tasty, but I just plug my nose and gulp it down like Theraflu :laugh: Has anyone MFP's tried this yet or contemplated trying it?
    Please continue doing this, as I'm definitely interested in finding a secret to weight loss. Here is what I suggest, though: Keep doing the warm lemon water mornings for 2 weeks. And eat exactly the amount of calories your body needs, factoring in exercise (e.g., do not create a calorie deficit). Then report back with the amount of weight you have lost. I am super excited to see your results!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    If you really want to try something that will make you diurese and lose weight, clear some toxins, etc... try this. It WORKS.
    In the morning, drink 6 cups of BLACK coffee, and smoke three cigarettes. I guarantee you will shed some unwanted pounds. Within 30 minutes. AND there is actual science at work here.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have heard about this, but cringed at the thought of it, but I finally kicked myself in the behind and decided to try it out. I've been doing it for a week now and have lost almost 4 pounds! After doing my research I found out that it regulates the bodies digestive system and gives you vitamin C. It also helps the body break down sugars better, and more. The catch though, is that you should drink it warm, which makes it much less tasty, but I just plug my nose and gulp it down like Theraflu :laugh: Has anyone MFP's tried this yet or contemplated trying it?

They tell you to do this in the 17 Day diet book, every morning before breakfast! I would just put a slice of lemon in a coffee mug and throw it in the microwave.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid lemon-water drinker, and usually have two cups in the morning (room temp--can't do cold, and now I'm too thirsty to wait for hot!), only because my body spends the night filtering everything (thank you, kidneys!). I feel dehydrated in the morning, and try to hydrate ASAP.

Adding the lemon also helps me drink more water, finally getting my intake up to that wonderfully arbitrary 8 cups a day. ;D
    And drinking more water, in general, is not a bad thing. Unless it's so much that you throw off that sodium/potassium ratio thingy...biology...stuff. I think. : /
    Which takes a LOT (as in gallons and gallons of water). I remember seeing it on Channel One in high school, haha.
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    it is also very good for your body's pH; although you'd think the lemon would make you more acidic it actually helps alkalize your body. alkalized body=better ability to process toxins and release the weight!
  • Ruby0722
    Options
    Well no, I hadn't thought of it, but I have some Stevia non-calorie sweetener and if I drank it hot with a little sweetness, it might be OK. I'll have to try it. This is not the first time I have heard of drinking lemon water. I think one could never go wrong with it. You sure are beautiful.
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I drink two large glasses of cold water every morning, followed by a large soy latte. It keeps me regular to a fault and I have lost weight. Anyone care to try my regime? :tongue:

I'm sure there are enough people on MFP we could do our own study! Strictly epidemiological, of course....
  • FlyFishinX2
    Options
    ^bumpdity bump^