Special K diet....

Options
I am starting it tomorrow (hopefully I can make it 2 weeks or even a week....lol) but I was wondering if anyone had tried it and had any luck at it?

Replies

• tonimckinney924
    tonimckinney924 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am starting it tomorrow (hopefully I can make it 2 weeks or even a week....lol) but I was wondering if anyone had tried it and had any luck at it?
  • tamlom
    tamlom Posts: 49
    Options
    What is the Special K diet?
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    There is nothing special about the spcial k diet! It's all about the fact that is a reduced caloried diet compared to what the "average overweight" person eats. You are better off logging your food than spending two weeks on this diet and going back to your old habits.

I LOVE special K and I eat it almost every day...but two meals a day for two weeks is not the answer.
  • avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    I was thinking about starting it soon as well. I haven't found anyone whose done the new and improved special K diet. I talked to a few people who did the two weeks of cereal only diet... but the new one has like protein bars and stuff so i think it'll be easier.
    i'm really hoping it works. even just a little bit! i mean seriously, a few pounds would be nice.

Good Luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Options
    she is right. I did it. Its just denying yourself. Low calorie meals with a variety of foods that are healthy are a much better choice!! You can have egg whites, low fat turkey bacon, whole grain toast, etc... doesnt that sound much more filling?! You have to keep up your calories... and eating special k will not do that:noway: Im sorry.. just being honest.
  • tonimckinney924
    tonimckinney924 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Maybe I wont......IDK I do weigh ins on monday so I will wait and if I have lost another pound by then I wont I will just go on tracking my calories and stuff. I appreciate everyones in put though. thats why I posted in the first place.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    There is nothing special about the spcial k diet! It's all about the fact that is a reduced caloried diet compared to what the "average overweight" person eats. You are better off logging your food than spending two weeks on this diet and going back to your old habits.

I LOVE special K and I eat it almost every day...but two meals a day for two weeks is not the answer.

Ditto!

Nutritionally, I can't help but think something would be lacking by having mostly cereal for two weeks. I guess that is why you can only do it for two weeks.
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    I really like the protein drinks like after a workout! Yummy!
  • CLRacer2912
    Options
    I did try it and after logging it realized that it is complete crap! There is very little nutrition involved in the bars & snacks you are eating throughout the day and I think the total daily calories that I logged while following it to a T were 1000. WAY too low for any person not to mention if you are at all active. A bowl of cereal is a great supplement to a day but the meal plan overall is not worth the hype
  • bigbird0930
    Options
    My suggestion is to not weigh on Mondays. If I go off at all it tends to be on the weekends. I suggest a Thursday or Friday weigh in so you are pysched for the weekend and have time to recooperate the weight loss if you lose your mind and don't exercise and splurge over the weekend.

I have tried several diets recently and low-cal/low-fat is the best results. Don't deprive yourself of the things you like. Just control your portions and relax! It is a lifestyle change NOT a diet! :smile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I think the K stands for Krappy.
    The cereal is pretty tasty--I had to eat it when I wasn't allowed to eat fiber or whole grain--but it's just rice and corn syrup. No healthy fat, no fiber. The saving grace is the high protein count for a breakfast cereal. I second what everyone has said about it being devoid of nutrients and a waste of money. It only causes weight loss because it puts you in an extreme deficit. Pressed and formed bars, while tasty, will never replace the wholesome nutrients you find in whole foods.
  • Marz
    Marz Posts: 22
    Options
    I did it 1x, or I should say I tried it.
    4 days into it I quit. Just got so sick of the cereal, haven't touched it since, and thought it just left me hungry & longing for more. I wouldn't do it again or suggest anyone else to do it. It's a gimmick to sell their product, imo.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It's really intended for people who need a quick fix, just a couple pounds to fit into a special dress, it's not meant for really overweight people, it does work, and if you continue to eat right, you can still have eggs, and turkey and ff pudding cups for dinner and late night snack, I love special K and still eat it twice day, morning and my evening snack.....you do what works for you for what purpose you need it for, it's a personal decision, no one can make that for you, maybe it's a good way to discipline yourself so that you can continue to eat well.....only you know that.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I havent tried their full 'diet' plan, but I do like the cereal, the protein drinks and the protein bars on occassion.

The protein bars confuse me though-:huh: they have something like 10G of protien, but they never last...I'm always hungry in a couple of hours after eating one.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I havent tried their full 'diet' plan, but I do like the cereal, the protein drinks and the protein bars on occassion.

The protein bars confuse me though-:huh: they have something like 10G of protien, but they never last...I'm always hungry in a couple of hours after eating one.

Check out the sugar content. If the fat is low and the sugar is high, you won't feel full for long. 10g of protein is okay, but by no means something that will really stick with you.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I think the K stands for Krappy.
    The cereal is pretty tasty--I had to eat it when I wasn't allowed to eat fiber or whole grain--but it's just rice and corn syrup. No healthy fat, no fiber. The saving grace is the high protein count for a breakfast cereal. I second what everyone has said about it being devoid of nutrients and a waste of money. It only causes weight loss because it puts you in an extreme deficit. Pressed and formed bars, while tasty, will never replace the wholesome nutrients you find in whole foods.

I second this! For the money you'd spend on eating it for two weeks you could buy more nutritious foods.
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    I do like the Special K Vanilla Almond Cereal. It's pretty tasty. I also like some of their drink mixes that you put in a water bottle. But you have to be careful of the sugar - like everyone else says. I have never done the full-out diet, though. Don't think I'd want to . . . .
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Why would you when you can have bacon, hashbrowns and an egg for about 350 calories?! :love: :laugh:
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    wow...bacon, hashbrowns and eggs...can't even remember the last time I ate that much saturated fat all in one sitting.
  • rialynn79
    Options

My SIL just got done doing the Special K diet - she really liked it. She enjoys the variety that is available now while doing it - the waffles she said are really good. The bars are delightful as well.

She lost 7 lbs doing this. She exercised 30 minutes everyday too.