Now I'M her motivation!! NSV!!

Options
Okay so on April 7, 2011 this is what I posted: titled - Make HER your motivation!

I think ALL women are guilty of this little accusation... but I will be the first to admit it! I've found myself many times staring with envy (and at times anger) at that beautiful woman in the gym that catches everyone's attention. (Not just the men.) You know the one... she has the perfect body, a golden tan, and smile that lights up the whole place, doesn't look like she even needs to be in a gym... and yet we all have seen her, know her, or if we're the lucky ones, we are her. I personally used to hate that girl until I found out a bit of information... our particular gym beauty didn't used to look the way she does now. She worked just as hard as I am to get to the place she is now and continues to work that much harder to stay that way. Our gym beauty is now a spin instructor who has the confidence to be in front of a whole group of people working out. When I watch her on that stage spin it shows us all we can do just as well, I'm going to let her be my motivation and become a gym beauty myself! wink

Today this is my post:

I walked into the gym yesterday, hopped on the treadmill and started doing my thing.. I usually run several intervals - speed & incline combinations, and I have this on paper to tape to the treadmill to keep up.. as I'm running lost in my own world headphones blazing for a bit, I start to notice several things around me.. here are my observations, then I'll get to the good part:

1. There were 2 girls on the treadmills beside me and they looked like sisters, KARDASHIAN type sisters at that!! You know, beautiful, tan, solid... the list goes on.
2. I happened to be in the middle of them... at this point in my fitness journey I choose to be by these beautiful women for my own motivation. (Hence my 1st post.) I know I don't look like them but I have the confidence that someday I will and it keeps me going.
3. As I started my routine, with continuous speed & incline changes.. I started to see the girl to my right reach down to change her incline or her speed each time I did .. was she trying to keep up??? was she trying to keep up with me???? NO WAY???
4. Before you know it.. the girl on the left was doing the same thing... It couldn't be.. I had to be crazy.. nah, they were looking on my workout sheet.. they had to be!!
5. So I started to observe more closely.. I started changing my speeds and incline that wasn't on the workout and yep sure as *kitten* they were doing what I was doing!! Hahahahaha NO WAY!!!!

After 30 min of a race to remember, I hop off the treadmill (clean it up of course) and start my strength training routine... not even 5 min into my routine one of them came walking up to me... The beautiful woman standing in front of me says very kindly.. "Excuse me, I'd like to thank you for an awesome workout. Don't think I would have hung in there much longer." and walked away!!! No introduction, nothing, just the compliment and left with the other girl. How awesome is that!!!!!! Not only were they beautiful but they let ME be their motivation for an "awesome" workout! NSV :bigsmile:

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    That is seriously awesome! :)
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Definitely awesome!
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    wow that really is an excellent NSV! You must have been ecstatic....plus goes to show we shouldn't judge a book by its cover (although it is true that we have all been guilty of it at some point!)
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That must have felt FANTASTIC!! OMG! how cool is that?? Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for sharing this, Amasing, It is really a great motivation. I hope you have a lovely Friday JPayne53!! Have a wonderful healthy journey:):)
  • gods_gal
    Options
    That's the best NSV I've ever read!! Awesome! Congratulations!! :smile: