WORST DAY EVER

Options
Worst Day ever...

I had an awweful day at work, two people yelled at me for things that weren't my fault, but because everyone else quit I took the heat (I'm a department one in right now, except for my boss, who is great but I still work mostly alone because all my coworkers all quit),

someone ate my lunch at work so I had to buy it (started a calorie surplus),
plus I had to buy breakfast because our fridge broke and we had no bread in the house for toast.

My best friend had a baby last night, and I'm really happy for her, but I want one of my own and had a few crying bouts in my car today

and to top it off...

I came home to find my fiance (who's usually amazing) doing nothing but watching cooking shows (which continued until just now when I yelled at him) so I had to walk the dog, unload the dishwasher, switch the laundry and make dinner....

Needless to say worst day ever and I'm 1400 calories over my limit (see below)...darn it! Stupid wine!

Any suggestions?

I know most of it is circumstanial eating and emotional eating....but I'm really upset...

Need some help and advice...especially from women who are maybe a bit older then me, have been married for longer (and survived the wedding plannign process...which is killing me) and also have a fulltime job to dela with....

Breakfast
Tim Horton's (Canada) - Steeped Tea W/Sweetener and Fresh Milk, 5 cup 95 10 0 5 0 5 remove
Mcdonalds - Hashbrown, 2 patty 280 30 18 2 4 0 remove
Mcdonald's (Canada) - Blt Bagel, 1 bagel (165g) 440 52 20 15 3 7 remove
Add Food Remember Meal 815 92 38 22 7 12
Lunch
Subway - Veggie Sub 6" on Wheat, Provolone Cheese, No Mayo, 1 sandwich 280 44 7 13 5 7 remove
Subways - Lite Mayo, 1 tbsp 50 1 5 0 0 0 remove
Subway - Soup- Wild Rice With Chicken, 0.5 bowl (310 g) 105 11 6 3 1 2 remove
Tim Hortons (Canada) - Pecan Maple Danish, 1 danish 290 37 12 5 0 18 remove
Add Food Remember Meal 725 93 30 21 6 27
Dinner
Schwans - Seasoned Stuffed Chicken Breast, 1 piece 240 3 15 24 0 0 remove
Catelli - Smart Spaghetti, 1 7/8 cup or 1/5 box (85g) 750 165 4 28 23 8 remove
Eating Right - Italian-Style Meatballs, 10 meatballs 180 10 5 24 0 2 remove
Becel - Margarine (Becel Omega 3 Plus), 30 g (2 tsp) 210 0 24 0 0 0 remove
Kraft - 100% Parmesan Light Grated Cheese, 4 tbsp 90 2 5 10 0 0 remove
Add Food Remember Meal 1,470 180 53 86 23 10
Snacks
Weight Watchers - Chocolate Chip 1 Point Cookies, 3 cookie 270 54 8 3 12 24 remove
Wine - Table, red, 1 glass (3.5 fl oz) 74 2 0 0 0 0 remove
Wine - Table, white, 1.5 glass (3.5 fl oz) 105 1 0 0 0 0 remove
Add Food Remember Meal 449 57 8 3 12 24
Total: 3,459 422 129 132 48 73
Your Daily Goal: 2,050 282 68 77 24 41
Remaining: -1,409 -140 -61 -55 -24 -32

Replies

• Bride092909
    Options
    Worst Day ever...

I had an awweful day at work, two people yelled at me for things that weren't my fault, but because everyone else quit I took the heat (I'm a department one in right now, except for my boss, who is great but I still work mostly alone because all my coworkers all quit),

plus I had to buy breakfast because our fridge broke and we had no bread in the house for toast.

My best friend had a baby last night, and I'm really happy for her, but I want one of my own and had a few crying bouts in my car today

and to top it off...

I came home to find my fiance (who's usually amazing) doing nothing but watching cooking shows (which continued until just now when I yelled at him) so I had to walk the dog, unload the dishwasher, switch the laundry and make dinner....

Needless to say worst day ever and I'm 1400 calories over my limit (see below)...darn it! Stupid wine!

Any suggestions?

I know most of it is circumstanial eating and emotional eating....but I'm really upset...

Need some help and advice...especially from women who are maybe a bit older then me, have been married for longer (and survived the wedding plannign process...which is killing me) and also have a fulltime job to dela with....

Breakfast
    Tim Horton's (Canada) - Steeped Tea W/Sweetener and Fresh Milk, 5 cup 95 10 0 5 0 5 remove
    Lunch
    Subway - Veggie Sub 6" on Wheat, Provolone Cheese, No Mayo, 1 sandwich 280 44 7 13 5 7 remove
    Dinner
    Snacks
    Weight Watchers - Chocolate Chip 1 Point Cookies, 3 cookie 270 54 8 3 12 24 remove
  • RandJsmomMary
    Options
    alright I can only tell you one thing hag in there

I think for the most part you are doing great, the wine surely did the over, I know you needed it belive me I have been there, maybe tomorrow you can work out a little bit extra to burn a few more calories from today, dont worry tho as long as you dont make it a habit you will be okay.

Congratulations on your wedding, I took a yoga class when I palned my wedding I am an emotional eater and i surely dindt fit into my dress for the first fitting so the lay that was halping me suggested it she said it would relax me and you know what?? It did Marrage is a great thing its also very stresfull but if you work together you guys will do fine you say he is usualy great maybe he just needed a little lazy day my hubby has one of those every day hahaha.

Hang in there we all have bad days it how you handle it that makes a difference but just so you know yoga works great to relax you I love yoga

~Mary~
  • whim
    whim Posts: 11
    Options
    Well, I'm not a woman but I can tell you this having gotten my wife pregnant very early in our marriage. There is plenty of time for kids, and it is really good for a new marriage to take some time before having them hehe. The lack of sleep alone is a system shock with new children... I had been fit/fairly fit my entire life and then gained 70+ pounds during my wife's pregnancy and the first 6 months of my daughter's life. Guess that's why I am here!

As for the calories, don't sweat it. Do a bit more exercise today. Just don't let it become a habit, once in a while isn't going to hurt you that much. Good luck on the marriage planning.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days. Just don't do what i did and let it turn into bad months. I gained 22 lbs back doing that. I would just start fresh tomorrow with a positive attitude. I am an emotional eater also and have to be very careful in that area. Hang in there and remember this too shall pass.:flowerforyou:
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    Well, I'm not a woman but I can tell you this having gotten my wife pregnant very early in our marriage. There is plenty of time for kids, and it is really good for a new marriage to take some time before having them hehe. The lack of sleep alone is a system shock with new children... I had been fit/fairly fit my entire life and then gained 70+ pounds during my wife's pregnancy and the first 6 months of my daughter's life. Guess that's why I am here!

As for the calories, don't sweat it. Do a bit more exercise today. Just don't let it become a habit, once in a while isn't going to hurt you that much. Good luck on the marriage planning.

I totally agree!! My fiancee and I have a 1 yr old, we are both in college, living in an apartment. Make sure you have everything in line (even fitness) I learned that the hard way!! Everything happens for a reason!
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    I am 26 and on my 2nd marriage...I have 2 children, and I can tell you that planning my weddings were the most stressful time in my life....infact I ended up throwing out my wedding plans on my 2nd marriage and we just went to the courthouse on a Monday morning. LOL...I'm saying this b/c I can relate to your stress...remember when you wake up tomorrow this will all be in the past. You get to start fresh in just hours...remember to take time for yourself...if walking the dog is relaxing for you, make time to do it every night.

And don't worry about the calorie overload...everyone has those days. Shake it off, and start fresh tomorrow. You always have a support group here if you need it!!! Good luck to you, you can do it!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it but he was making up for the extra house cleaning he did Sunday while you exercised see they always take it back somewhere! :grumble:

As for the calories you worked a lot off in chores did you add those chores on? But overall you just chalk it up to a bad day and start over tomorrow. Just don't get discouraged and do like I have in the past. One day always turns into weeks of bad days because I justify the eating through my emotions. The best thing you did is held yourself accountable and told us and shared your feelings too. You can do this and we are always going to have bad days
    <<<HUGS>>>
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Worst Day ever...

and to top it off...

Any suggestions?

Breakfast
    Lunch
    Dinner
    Snacks

We all have bad days. I don't drink alcohol, but looking at your "food day" I don't think the wine was as much a problem. A couple other things stand out that you can put in the back of your mind are--breakfast had a lot of calories and fat (and may not have been as filling for the rest of your day). Lunch wasn't too bad except for the danish (but we all need treats when feeling down). Dinner had duplicate proteins (probably better to stick with either the stuffed chicken or the meatballs but not both) and the size of pasta listed seems very large--try cutting that in half.

If people taking your lunch continues to be a problem, maybe consider buying a small cooler and blue ice and keep your lunch with you in a "portable fridge". This is what I do--I have a soft sided bag (probably about size that would hold 9 cans of soda), using blue ice inside keeps my sandwich, fruit, and drink cool (and safe from being at room temperature too long).

Bottom line--like others have posted, hang in there, start over tomorrow, and get some exercise to help make the stress in your life more manageable.
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a rough day, but don't beat yourself up over it. Maybe next time go for a walk on your lunchbreak to let out some stress.

I know what it's like, I'm the same age as you, but I have been with my husband for 7 years and married for 3. Had my first kid when I was 18 and my second by 21. Married life & kids is great, but take it one step at a time!!

I have a pretty stressful job at times as well, just remember, it's only a job and you are only one person. Don't let the little things stress you out!

Do a thorough workout tomorrow and drink lots of water to flush your body out and just get back on track. One day isn't going to send the scale shooting up, it takes 3.500 cals over what your body burns in a day to gain a pound.
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    There's the struggle of:

1. "is life too short - enjoy it while you can" - makes you want EVERYTHING right now (kids, marriage, the "perfect" job, and do everything that's fun and party and don't miss out on anything) *usually what us younger people think

VS.

2. "is life too long, relax - take your time" - our wise "experienced" and "aged to perfection" folks who KNOW how much stress kids and a marriage and work is and KNOW from experience that no matter where you go to work, it's all the same crap and politics, just different faces and places.

Being in your mid 20s and a female, most people think you should be married and have kids and chop chop what are you waiting for - biological clock is tickin -

BUT YOU need to do only what makes YOU happy - every 5 minutes it seems I switch which side of the fence I am "life too long or too short", and sometimes I want marriage and kids, and then those days when I work late and work sucked I say THANK GOD I'M NOT MARRIED YET AND HAVE KIDS - because then I can't plop on the couch and be lazy without feeling guily (which is what you did to your fiance today - you had a bad day and because you did you thought he would have did everything for you - but not today he wanted to be lazy when you wanted to be lazy...who's wrong?)

I think once you understand this struggle and recognize each time you're in a situation and don't like it - before you go to the food or wine to comfort you just talk about how you feel - talk with your fiance instead of watching TV - I'm not engaged but I have a best friend I can rely on to talk out how I feel, and I been losing weight ever since (without even exercising or eliminating foods from my diet!)
  • avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    we've all had bad days. try really hard to not dwell on how many calories you went over. tomorrow is a new day! you get a nice fresh start!!
    so maybe you cut a little bit from your lunch tomorrow, or stay ten extra minutes on the treadmill. Either way tomorrow is a new day and you'll get to eat new things and ultimately have a better day.
    Good Luck tomorrow!:smile: Just don't dwell or you'll get even more upset and eat more! Be good, watch what you eat and you'll be fine.
    don't let it get to you!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Bride,
    It could have been worse ~ find something to be grateful for - even if it's just checking in and letting everyone know how you feel!!! That's huge, especially when we maybe have too many calories and have other stress going on. I have a tendency to lean towards emotional eating too and I really have to watch it. Something happens, I say nothing, get pissed, feel sorry for myself and little and eat. Then feel worse in the morning because I fell off ~ and that at times pushes me to eat more and dig the hole a little deeper. It has been a long journey to get where I am now and I don't do it perfectly ~ ooooow I get so mad on the days when I forget that am not alone and keep my feelings to myself.
    So good for you for letting that out.! Dust yourself off and get right back after it ~you can do this!!
    As for the wedding planning good luck - 'bout drove me nuts trying to make everything "just so" My suggestion there is relax and enjoy the journey and try not to take it all so seriously. It's about love and it will be beautiful even if it isn't exacly as you imagine.
    You did ask for a suggestion~ not one to give advice unless solicited so here goes ;) Might be helpful to plan meals a little more thoughtfully. Try home prepared rather than take out, it has made a huge difference for me. Sure takes a little more effort but it's well worth it.
    For example, try double fiber english muffin w/ 2% cheese made at home w/ eggwhites (egg beaters) or a real egg swap out fresh straberries w/ some equal for the hashed browns and you've a satisfying healthy breakfast. You've saved a bunch of calories and some coin in your pocket. When I started thinking about what I was eating and reading the lables on what I purchased - I saw big changes. Planning helps enormously!!
    I carry Kashi golean crunchy bars in my glove box and also in my office to stave off the less healthy sweets - at the office it really helps becauseI have a stressful job that rarely allows for a "lunch break".
    I pack healthy snacks (oatmeal, fruit and fresh veggies brown rice and organic teriyaki sauce, some almonds) Watch for protein, fat and fiber in your diet - low fat , high fiber and some protein. oh, and don't forget to move and drink your water. You'll feel better for doing it ~ and you're worth it.
    Good Luck
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not older than you or getting married or ever having kids, but I work in retail so I understand getting crapped on for stuff that's not your fault.
    Just hang in there! Bad days will always happen. They make you appreciate the good days and realize your strengths (and learn about your weaknesses).
    Maybe watch an episode of 24....from what I hear, that guy has some BAD days. :laugh:
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    oh yeah - recommendation for food -

I had the problem at work with sometimes not getting to eat lunch because I'm over worked -

To lose weight is ALL about calories in vs. calories burned...I buy those ziplock 100 calorie bags (the mini ziplock bags) and I buy healthy snacks (almonds unsalted, grapes, even goldfish but there's a brand at target that is "healthier" goldfish without hydrogenated oil) and after I get back from the store, say for the almonds...I check the serving amount and I count out 28 almonds, put them in a bag, and write on the bag the # calories total = 140; I do this for everything, grapes, graham crackers, whatever -and when I leave for work I grab 3-4 snacks and throw them in my purse...

Yesterday I threw in a banana, bag of grapes, and a bag of almonds...and guess what happened...ER meeting at work at NEVER got to take lunch, and worked until 9pm...didn't have time to even THINK about eating UNTIL my stomach growled, and then I just grabbed for a snack...so when I got home, I had 800 calories left to consume - if I drink some glasses of wine and a huge dinner, it won't be THAT BAD and I wont go over my calories!

AND I'm never SO HUNGRY that I eat too much the next time I'm around food

AND I never EAT WITH MY EYES (you know the whole "MMMM I'll have 3 appetizers 2 entrees and 3 desserts please" - because it all LOOKS good - and then you get all the food and eat it all because "you paid for it gotta eat it" and "don't waste your food, there are starvin people in the world" - you set yourself up...

Try not to do too much too fast to lose weight too - it has to be a way of life to work...I've paid for the gym membership $50/month for a year contract - same routine..."this month I'm starting over, I'm gonna do weights on these days and cardio these days"

First week: went 5 days!!! oh yeah i'm the greatest!

Second week: went 2 days, skipped a day (worked late too tired), went 2 days - HEY 4/5 AINT BAD! ILL PICK BACK UP NEXT WEEK!

Third Week: missed 1st day (laundrys backed up, house needs to be cleaned, oh well - I'll go the other 4 days like last week), missed 2nd day (had to work late, gym was closed, i'm burnt out), went day 3 (WOW I FORGOT HOW GOOD IT FEELS AFTER A WORKOUT - I'M NEVER GONNA MISS A WORKOUT AGAIN!, went day 4 (OH YEAH! BACK ON TRACK!!! THIS ISNT SO HARD), missed day 5 (family came in town, we ate like pigs, i'll get back to it next week) 3/5 - HEY AT LEAST IT'S MORE THAN 1/2!!!

Fourth week: Work out 1st day (gettin on course again!), miss the next 4 (insert "everyday life issue" here - had to work late, faught with a friend and feel depressed, jumped on the scale and I lost nothing, this gym sucks I hate people watching me, I have no workout clothes because I havent been able to do laundry, etc. etc. etc.)

I did this so many times I knew gyms weren't for me - waste of my money $600 in a year and all year I probably went a total of 2 months (when you combine the days you actually went together)

OK

workout tapes at home, do a lil taebo, do a step video, and do a weight video and a pilates...hey stripilates sounds fun...same routine...start doing them, never works

OK

try to diet...cut out all fats, eat veggies and health food, no pasta or cheese or bread or potatoes (uhhh Im italian and raised on southern food...love my pasta, cheese, pizza, bread, and potatoes) NOW WHAT MY CLOTHES STILL DONT FIT ME AND I'M STARTING TO GET STRETCH MARKS...

COUNT YOUR CALORIES....

Keep track of what you're eating, prepare snacks in advance...know what's in the foods you eat - if you really want to lose weight you WILL start caring...

At least that's my story...(I lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks...then i went to the parents for christmas and we ate like heifers and I gained 8 lbs back, but the week of new years I started counting calories again and i'm back up to 6 lbs lost...stick to it, you can do it!!!! once this works for me, i'll work up to walking some nights when I get home from work...then maybe I'll join a gym or do home videos...but 1 thing at a time...count calories...i eat what I want I just control how often and how much of it I eat...

here's an article on a kid I work with and how he lost 86 lbs in a year (starting Jan last year - and he lost 10 lbs since the article...just by counting calories...)

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct/02/dont-ever-give-up-and-set-realistic-goals/life-health/

ill stop talking now :blushing: :laugh:
  • Bride092909
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I fell better already.

It was a bad day, most days a a million times better and I make much better choices.

Tomorrow is a new start, thanks again!

:wink:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

I totally agree!! My fiancee and I have a 1 yr old, we are both in college, living in an apartment. Make sure you have everything in line (even fitness) I learned that the hard way!! Everything happens for a reason!

Oh geez, ditto. :noway:

Babies are wonderful, but so is time with your partner. Enjoy it, it will pass quicker than you think and you'll find yourself wishing for it again. :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Maybe watch an episode of 24....from what I hear, that guy has some BAD days. :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you're making me laugh so hard I'm crying....yup we can all think of Jack Baur when we have the bad days!! LOL

Just read the 2nd thread you started...sounds like walking the dog and keeping your head together after everything happened today...well you made it through.....it's not always easy but it's so worth it!:drinker:

Many smart folks have already shared with you on how going over every so often is not the end of the world....making a habit of it wouldn't be the end of the world either but it would crash all your goals so let it go now Hon, get some good sleep and begin anew tomorrow!

:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

FC:heart: