CALORIE INTAKE, WHAT IF IT'S TOO LITTLE???? PLEASE SOMEONE H

Options
I know the calories I'm put to consume but I'm on a diet which perfectly always is under the calorie goal. But, it says that I'm eating too little calories and that my body may go to starvation mode. How do I know if I'm in starvation mode or how to I fix it before I go to that mode???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! :)

Replies

• mhig011975
    Options
    just stay above 1500 calories
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    What ever your calorie goal is for the day, eat them...If you exercise, eat back at least half of what you burn...Good luck on your journey... :flowerforyou:
  • jjotto
    Options
    All I know is that if you have too few of calories, then your body will start to go into a type of "Oh I better try to save the calories and these energy reserves (fat) because there's a shortage of food." Would have been useful to us 100s of years ago when we didn't have Walmart that always has plenty of food :) I've heard anything less than 1000 calories a day will make your body start to try and store as much as it can, but everyone's body is different so that number for you may be 1500 or 500 calories.... Hope that helps a bit
  • scircle
    scircle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What kind of "diet" are you on that is instructing you to consume so few calories? How many a day are you consuming?
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I'm overweight by quite a bit, and I get that message if I go below 1200, which seems perfectly reasonable to me. I make sure I eat at least 1200 per day, exercise a lot, am not fanatic about it (I will eat some of what I gain by exercising) and manage to loose without ever being hungry.

I really want to avoid yo-yo dieting, where you starve yourself and gain it all back within a year.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I raised mine to 1225 for to give me a cushion.
  • Rockera_Pirata
    Options
    Thanks to everyone my diet is: no pasta, rice, bread nor potato, no fried foods, no sodas, no candy of any sort. Only no sugar candy sometimes and skinny cow ice cream one per 2 weeks. I was consuming 1,150 calories. But, a trainer told me to eat at least 1,600 to 1,800 calories so I have to up my calories and keep on the gym. thanks to all of you. :)