i need some honesty morning and night weights? really that

Options
2»

Replies

• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Yes to all of the above...at least 3 lbs between morning and night (even the same day) and Ive been up as much as 8 lbs with my period. Fear not...being a woman is even worse when tracking your weight!

What she said! I weigh myself in the morning because it makes me feel better than the night readings.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i had to laugh when i read this; i just got off the scale. I weighed 108.6 lbs at 8:54 this morning. Now? 114.9lbs. Yes, it fluctuates all day. And for me it can go up or down by nearly 8 lbs in just a few hours, even if i eat, drink, and workout exactly the same every day. Nothing to worry about, it should be fine in the a.m.
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    I always weigh between 2 and 4 pounds heavier at night than in the morning. I don't know why but I do. Make sure you pick a time and only record your weight from that time each day. Otherwise you'll be on an emotional roller coaster watching your weight go up and down throughout the day.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The only reliable weighing process is AM, before food and fluids, naked or same exact clothes. You will have day to day fluctuations so to avoid making yourself un-necessarily crazy weigh once a week. Also measure, measure, measure!! Your measuring tapes will tell you things your scale will not.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Take a poop. Watch the pounds fly off. :flowerforyou:
  • ladycomix
    Options
    Take a poop. Watch the pounds fly off. :flowerforyou:

The laxative industry don't make anything strong enough to get me to goal yet :laugh:
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Truly, it can make a *big* difference. I can easily gain 3 lbs during a day, and it be gone the next morning. And yes, right before I start almost always adds 1-3 lbs, or at least stalls any weight loss that might be going on. And you know you didn't gain 3 lbs in a couple of days, unless you locked yourself in a Ben & Jerry's freezer and ate non-stop or something! :bigsmile: I did a random little experiment the other day, wondering if my supposedly very accurate scale could really tell the difference. Weighed in the morning wearing panties only. Peed (not first morning, so not a lot), left my undies off, weighed again. I lost 4 ounces per the scale. So definitely, weigh first thing in the a.m. after you've used the restroom, naked, and be aware that too much sodium the day before or your period getting close, etc. can make a difference on the scale. If you know you've been eating right, etc. don't sweat it. Just hang in there!
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    of course you weigh more at night. youre putting STUFF inside you all day. its like weighing an empty box in th morning, and then putting apples, bowls of oatmeal, chicken, rice, etc etc etfc inside it, dump bottles of water inside it, and then weighing it at the end of the day.

you always weigh 2-3 lbs less in the morning.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! The weight of all the stuff you've eaten and drunk during the day is now inside your body and being weighed along with you!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    2.5 lbs less this morning. you all were right on! thanks!!:happy:
  • shelly650
    Options
    Yep I believe you do!

For Example:
    Last night I weighed myself and it said - 160.4lbs
    Then, this morning I weighed myself and it said 158.4lbs!
  • TheShelterCat
    Options
    I weigh myself randomly and it always fluctuates around 3-4 pounds here and there. I agree that the best time to have an official weigh in is once a week in the morning.
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The rule is take your body weight and multiply by 0.035 (3.5%). That's how much your weight CAN swing up or down from your nominal point.

You really should think of your weight as more of a range...
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    I have realized I am a true data junkie I am keeping a very detailed notebook on my weightloss so that anytime I want to give up I can remember how far I have come and much I hated who I was before I started .. anyway I weigh every morning and right it in my calendar that I also intend to keep in my "fat" box !! I then weight every night before my shower and its CRAZY how much weight I will gain I normally am 3-5lbs higher and I do not write that down but I like to just watch my weight its interesting to me because on occasion I have weighed the same or less at night its crazy how much we fluctuate ... I also thought I gained before my time of the month but I tracked it each day this month and I didn't so I was pretty happy !!

Good luck :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Here's some honesty: you seem to gauge your success on the scale only. If that's the case, then don't weigh daily because fluctuations happen.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    If you track food on MFP, and I assume you do ... add up that, then add 2 x 4 cups of water = 1kg (2kg per day of water alone if you get the recommended intake).

Digestive, endocrinal systems, etc. will eventually convert that to muscle, nutrients and energy, etc. The body repairs itself all along the way and overnight we lose dead skin cells (skin being the biggest organ in our body!), perspire, and the little trips to the toilet also.

So yeah, once a day, same time of day (eg after rising).

Some scales will even give different readings when you get off and back on again.

I go to my GP once per month (every 4 weeks in fact) and it's that weight I note, I will be wearing different clothing each time which makes a difference, but I go same day of the week, same time of day.

I'll 'check in' at the scales most days, but disregard the negative and celebrate the positive (a little yeehaa and punch into the air now and then).

So, for the honesty bit - it WILL change through-out the day.

Gary