HELP!!! HEALTHY SNACKS

Options
2»

Replies

• Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes are next to zero calories. So are cucumbers. Just salt them and eat. Or go to a good store and treat yourself to an extra special vinegar, it makes all the difference in the world. Just a touch of olive oil and vinegar on the above. Healthy and hardly any calories.

Forget the raw carrots and the celery, they are gross. But if you cut up parsnips, rutabegas, carrots and celery and boil them in chicken broth, it makes the most awesome soup and again, very low calorie. You can even throw in a chicken if you're adventurous. Make a lot of soup and put it in individual containers and freeze. They're great to microwave and eat for a late night, guilt free snack. You can even add a couple oyster crackers if you've been good.

I am finding that a little bit of planning goes a long way. Not much premade, prepackaged stuff is good for you and not laden with fat and calories. When I am in a pinch and can't prepare, I will grab a zoneperfect bar. 150 calories and pretty tasty.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Forget the raw carrots and the celery, they are gross. But if you cut up parsnips, rutabegas, carrots and celery and boil them in chicken broth, it makes the most awesome soup and again, very low calorie. ......

:smile: Euuuww, cooked celery is not my cup of tea (or soup) that's for sure, give it to me raw any day!
    I haven't had parsnips for ages, thanks for the reminder, I must pick some up at the market and roast them. Yum!