how do I add a zumba class to my exercise log??

Options
I do an intense cardio/weight salsa dancing class....but I can't find anything even remotely close in the search.....only gives me, ballet..and regular dancing....am I missing something?? help?

Replies

• fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I do an intense cardio/weight salsa dancing class....but I can't find anything even remotely close in the search.....only gives me, ballet..and regular dancing....am I missing something?? help?
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    they have aerobic dance, under dance :smile:
  • fitchick99
    Options
    I didn't see that one...my bd =[...thanks...but I have to manually enter the stupid calories burned, they give you 207 for 50 minute class, and the instructor said we burn almost 400 because of the weight intervals included...sometimes this is soooo frustrating! thanks for the input, I need to learn to read :tongue:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I also have to manually enter the calories I burn because I have a HRM, and it is never the same as the database:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I didn't see that one...my bd =[...thanks...but I have to manually enter the stupid calories burned, they give you 207 for 50 minute class, and the instructor said we burn almost 400 because of the weight intervals included...sometimes this is soooo frustrating! thanks for the input, I need to learn to read :tongue:

put it in and change the cals. I do it all the time cuz I have an HRM!
  • fitchick99
    Options
    I need to invest in a hrm...I think it would make my life so much easier.....actually I believe I have one somewhere in my junk drawer....:smile:
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    i do Zumba too and had to manually add it to my list of exercises...then i just add my cals burned based on what my HRM says...definitely invest in a monitor - it's the best gift you can give yourself!!!
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I need to invest in a hrm...I think it would make my life so much easier.....actually I believe I have one somewhere in my junk drawer....:smile:

Hi, they just added Zumba classes at our community center and was thinking about joining. I do have an hrm, it is a polar 6 and it is wonderful. sounds like you really like those classes. I just might join. My sister does it and just loves it.

Pat :smile:
  • fitchick99
    Options
    I love the classes, i'm on my way to one in an hour, our instructor as I just found out, I guess it's not the norm, adds 3 pound handweights to the class, in no time, your arms are burning! it bumps up the calories you burn, it's sooooo much fun, I take my 14 yr old daughter and my 18 yr old son along! try it once and you'll be hooked!
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    I love the classes, i'm on my way to one in an hour, our instructor as I just found out, I guess it's not the norm, adds 3 pound handweights to the class, in no time, your arms are burning! it bumps up the calories you burn, it's sooooo much fun, I take my 14 yr old daughter and my 18 yr old son along! try it once and you'll be hooked!

oooooh - you lucky girl!!! we don't ever do weights in zumba but it sounds delicious!!!!! of course with my grace, i'd probably end up knocking myself in the head with a dumb bell!!! :laugh:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    yes invest in a HRM i know with my HRM i burn aroud 700 calories in an hour.. i am bigger than you but still i didnt think the calories would be so high... and there are no weights in our class!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I used to LOVE my Zumba class but I sure looked stupid doing it!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    You can enter any of your own exercises. Enter ZUMBA - I use my HRM and get about 700 kcal per 45 min. without weights - but once you enter your own exercise, it will always pop up when you open your Exercise tab.

ZUMBA is awesome! And they sell actual ZUMBA weights (my DVD set came with them)

go to

http://www.zumbafitness.com/index.php?uci=ous121&s_kwcid=zumba|2460760448

...and the dancers are holding them in the picture (with the green balls on the tips). They have shaker-thingys in them so it is like moroccos (??) - they make a sound, so you are keeping time with the music, and adding the beat! ZUMBA is my all-time favorite workout. :glasses: