back at it...this is hard!

Options
sooo... using MFP i lost 18lbs over the course of 3 months.
I didnt exactly follow the MFP guidelines though, and ate significantly less calories than recommended... 800 net daily.
i worked out 6 days a week (so i usually ate about 1300 calories a day).

After 3 months of losing..for 2 months i kept it up but didnt lose another lb.
I went to maintence program and maintained 10-15lbs of my weightloss for 2 months.

In the past 2 months i've fallen completely off the weightloss wagon and gained 10lbs.
I'm only about 6lbs less than what i was when i started.

I wana start over and i really want to lose 50lbs by june.
I know..this might not happen even if i try my best but i expect to lose atleast 5lbs a month (25 -30lbs total) and will keep it up until i lose 50!!

Heresssssss the problem! : its soo much harder this time around!
i've been back at it for about a week, and even though this time im going to start with eating all the calories MFP gives me (1200...unlike last time!) and all the calories i earn from working out...im finding it sooo difficult!

today for example, i went to the gym for the first time (during the week i had just been doing a yoga video) and only did 16 min on the elliptical ! i used to do an hour! (i'll admit, i was lazy and cooullllddddd have done 30min..but no more than that!!!)

and..after eating all my calories (1390) im still hungry!..this is torture!
take note! i am planned and balanced! i ate 6 about 200 calorie meals today! mostly protein at night, fiber all day!

overall, im so shocked that i am basically giving myself a break and allowing myself so many more calories and so much less working out than last time around and it seems more difficult!

im not worried about weightloss if i stick to what i have in mind ( this time im going to start out slow and then lower my calorie intake and up workouts as i lose weight) but im just mad that this is so hard!!

im also thinking about alli.

CAN ANYONE SYMPATHIZE? SUGGESTIONS? ANYONE ELSE BACK ON THE WAGON AND FINDING IT MUCH MORE DIFFICULT? ANYONE GO THRU THIS AND HAVE ADVICE? HELPPPP ME OUT GUYSS!

Replies

• kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I didnt exactly follow the MFP guidelines though, and ate significantly less calories than recommended... 800 net daily.

I went to maintence program and maintained 10-15lbs of my weightloss for 2 months.

In the past 2 months i've fallen completely off the weightloss wagon and gained 10lbs.
    I'm only about 6lbs less than what i was when i started.

I wana start over and i really want to lose 50lbs by june.
    I know..this might not happen even if i try my best but i expect to lose atleast 5lbs a month (25 -30lbs total) and will keep it up until i lose 50!!

Heresssssss the problem! : its soo much harder this time around!
    i've been back at it for about a week, and even though this time im going to start with eating all the calories MFP gives me (1200...unlike last time!) and all the calories i earn from working out...im finding it sooo difficult!

today for example, i went to the gym for the first time (during the week i had just been doing a yoga video) and only did 16 min on the elliptical ! i used to do an hour! (i'll admit, i was lazy and cooullllddddd have done 30min..but no more than that!!!)

and..after eating all my calories (1390) im still hungry!..this is torture!
    take note! i am planned and balanced! i ate 6 about 200 calorie meals today! mostly protein at night, fiber all day!

overall, im so shocked that i am basically giving myself a break and allowing myself so many more calories and so much less working out than last time around and it seems more difficult!

im not worried about weightloss if i stick to what i have in mind ( this time im going to start out slow and then lower my calorie intake and up workouts as i lose weight) but im just mad that this is so hard!!

im also thinking about alli.

CAN ANYONE SYMPATHIZE? SUGGESTIONS? ANYONE ELSE BACK ON THE WAGON AND FINDING IT MUCH MORE DIFFICULT? ANYONE GO THRU THIS AND HAVE ADVICE? HELPPPP ME OUT GUYSS!
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yep; I can empathize! Last year (well Dec 2007 - Mar 2008) I lost 19 pounds, and did pretty much the same thing as you although I did eat pretty much all the calories my plan called for. Of course, after July of this year (move, job change, divorce - I was a little pre-occupied!) I forgot everything and put 15 lbs right back on.

Got serious about my health in mid-Dec (08) and took almost three weeks for the needle on the scale to move and for me to get enough energy to get in a good solid workout. But now I'm starting to remember why I liked it before - I have more energy through the day. I sleep well at night. I can eat what I want (within reason) and I meet new people.

So you hang in there! It will get better, and it will become easier and you WILL see the results!:smile::wink: :laugh:
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Girl, do not get me started! I am in the exact same spot. We had a bunch of crappy weather here the week before christmas, so I was snowbound. got off my routine, got bored, started eating more, fell completely off the wagon. Like, I couldn't even see the wagon from where I landed. Now, I'm struggling to get motivated again, and it's really hard because I can't seem to stop the negative thoughts from coming...I am walking around mentally whining all day..."it's not fair, I don't want to think about food all the time, I don't want to count cals, no one else i know has to worry about this, yadda yadda."

The past couple days have been better. I am focusing on getting my exercise in first of all, with cal counting a secondary objective. Instead of counting the cals, i'm making sure that I am being nutritionally responsible...eating a lot of fruits and veggies, lean protein and fiber. Once i have the good habits back in place, I'll start cutting back the calories and watching portions. One bite at a time, right? That's how we gained the weight, that's how we'll lose it.

Keep your head up. The important part is getting back up just one time more than you fall.:flowerforyou:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I can so relate to this one. i had lost 42lbs using myfitnesspal and a sensible diet. Then i fell off the wagon and ate the horse. i gained back 22 lbs and i just got back on here and i am NOT going to fail this time, I have been praying and i am going to be successful, i just have to take it one day at a time. welcome back and we can do this!!!! damn it LOL:flowerforyou:
  • mrhappy
    Options
    Girl, do not get me started! I am in the exact same spot. We had a bunch of crappy weather here the week before christmas, so I was snowbound. got off my routine, got bored, started eating more, fell completely off the wagon. Like, I couldn't even see the wagon from where I landed. Now, I'm struggling to get motivated again, and it's really hard because I can't seem to stop the negative thoughts from coming...I am walking around mentally whining all day..."it's not fair, I don't want to think about food all the time, I don't want to count cals, no one else i know has to worry about this, yadda yadda."

The past couple days have been better. I am focusing on getting my exercise in first of all, with cal counting a secondary objective. Instead of counting the cals, i'm making sure that I am being nutritionally responsible...eating a lot of fruits and veggies, lean protein and fiber. Once i have the good habits back in place, I'll start cutting back the calories and watching portions. One bite at a time, right? That's how we gained the weight, that's how we'll lose it.

Keep your head up. The important part is getting back up just one time more than you fall.:flowerforyou:

you keep going mrs beck! every day is a choice to inspire, or despair... we don't win them all. the key is winning just a little bit more than not! you can do it!
  • mrhappy
    Options
    I can so relate to this one. i had lost 42lbs using myfitnesspal and a sensible diet. Then i fell off the wagon and ate the horse. i gained back 22 lbs and i just got back on here and i am NOT going to fail this time, I have been praying and i am going to be successful, i just have to take it one day at a time. welcome back and we can do this!!!! damn it LOL:flowerforyou:

you know you're going to make it this time! and stay that way!!! :happy: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I did my weight loss thing about 2 years ago and went to the gym and worked out but I never really ate all that well. I still have my food diary I wrote then. I ate out all the time or frozen pizzas and stuff like that. Didn't drink water all the time, just whatever, water and soft drinks and coffee. I had lost about 50 pounds then. Now back to where we are, I have gained 35-40 of it back. So now I am working on getting it all off again. It does seem a bit harder at times but I am doing so much better this time with the exception of working out as much. I can't go as long but I am trying. I don't work out everyday either but I didn't back then either. Now I am going about it the healthy way and I drink nothing but water and a cup or two of coffee a day. I get at least 64 oz of water and stay within my calorie limits too. I have lost about 5-6 pounds already and I have only been really working at it hard for about 2 weeks. I had 3 surgeries in a year and a half and I still think that took a lot of my stamina away that I haven't built back up yet. I could do 15-20 minutes on the elliptical and now I can barely get to 5-6 minutes. But I do know that I am working on it all very hard and I will get there and you will too! I have learned that you can't give up just because it doesn't come easy. Nothing good in life is easy! Keep up the great work and you will get there!! Good luck!! I am here if you need a friend!
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    same thing with me too. i just read an article yesterday that said all the food and goodies we eat over the holidays (like christmas to new years) makes us crave the bad foods even more and makes it alot harder to get back into the groove of losing weight. It made perfect sense to me. so just keep making the right choices and it will get easier. I finally got my self back on track just today actually. we can totally do this.
  • Cheri_T
    Cheri_T Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I too can so totally relate. I lost a total of 23 pounds. And, since slacking off have packed a total of 15 lbs back on. Today is my first day back on the site. I just finished working out 30 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the treadmill.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options

Eeek! Only 800 calories a day!

Do you see now where you went wrong? I imagine that would be an impossible pace for anyone to keep up! Not only that, but you stopped losing (aka starvation mode).

Learn from your mistakes and do it right this time. It does seem like that is your plan and that is great!

You can do this! If you need to, start out with 1lb a week to ease back in.