Please someone tell me!

Options
Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
What is 100grams equal to?? I thought it meant a cup! So all this time I have been eating a cup of ham! Then I look it up today and says its only about half a cup.. not even! Half a cup is 140 something grams!! Can someone put in perspective what 100g looks like! Is it roughly 3oz of meat??

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Options
    What is 100grams equal to?? I thought it meant a cup! So all this time I have been eating a cup of ham! Then I look it up today and says its only about half a cup.. not even! Half a cup is 140 something grams!! Can someone put in perspective what 100g looks like! Is it roughly 3oz of meat??
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

100 grams equals approx. 3.5 ounces <~~~ measured by cup not weight

8 oz. = a cup 4 oz. = 1/2 so it would be just shy of 1/2 cup Carrie so says "Wiki' ...I googled it!:blushing: :laugh:

OK, here this might make you feel better :happy:
    Ham is one of the leanest cuts of pork. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture,

a 3.4 ounce (100 grams) serving of roasted extra-lean ham has about 145 calories,

5.5 grams of fat, 21 grams of protein and 53 milligrams of cholesterol.

Ham contains a significant amount of vitamins B-1 and B-12.

Wow!! That's some seriously good protein in that!!!:bigsmile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Thank you! That does help! Why didnt I think of Wiki?? :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That does help! Why didnt I think of Wiki?? :laugh:
    oh heck we never think of it when in a panic, I only think of it when others ask questions!:laugh:

Glad it helped:drinker: :happy:

FC:heart:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options

100 grams equals approx. 3.5 ounces <~~~ measured by cup not weight

8 oz. = a cup 4 oz. = 1/2 so it would be just shy of 1/2 cup Carrie so says "Wiki' ...I googled it!:blushing: :laugh:

OK, here this might make you feel better :happy:
    Ham is one of the leanest cuts of pork. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture,

a 3.4 ounce (100 grams) serving of roasted extra-lean ham has about 145 calories,

5.5 grams of fat, 21 grams of protein and 53 milligrams of cholesterol.

Ham contains a significant amount of vitamins B-1 and B-12.

Wow!! That's some seriously good protein in that!!!:bigsmile:

Ok just saw this! Yes it makes me feel MUCH MUCH better! That explains why my weight has not hit the roof! When I buy a ham I eat it for the next week... every morning for breakfast... about 200g actually! haha I LOVE ham!