Cooking Zucchini suggestions?

Options
I bought some sliced frozen zucchini and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on different ways to cook it?
I threw some in my chicken veggie foil pack tonight and it was good, but I want to try different things with it.

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    Options
    I like cooking mine in olive oil and fresh garlic- yum! I also like to very veggify my meals so when I make speghetti I put some in there along with green peppers, squash, onion, and mushrooms. You could fry them. Soak them in an egg and bread them with wheat germ and crushed wheat crackers with your favorite spices and fry in olive oil or bake them. Have fun!
  • Tonilynn70
    Tonilynn70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The other day for lunch.. I made a pork stir fry. I used left over pork, zucchini, and onions. I sauted it all in a pan sprayed with Pam. Added 1 tbsn of soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper and ground red pepper. Put it over brown rice and yummy...

:smile:
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    my 18 year old daughter LOVES the frozen zuccnini, to be honest we just steam it and put in over a baked potatoe, she adds hot sauce, i add salt and pepper! Very simple but satisfying at the same time :)

it's such a good food!
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I personally think zucchini sucks so I'm constantly trying different ways to love it. So far I can stomach it Grated up on a cheese grater and panfried with lemon and Panko.

I like it as "noodles" but since you got presliced try making a veggie lasagna with it. Either layer it with the noodles or replace the noodles with zucchini slices
  • corieueber
    Options
    I've never seen frozen zucchini here in Australia? That's not very helpful is it? I love zucchini grilled, stirfry or baked not sure how this translates with frozen version.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I love to throw it in everything, lasagna, spaghetti, salad, just fry it up with some olive oil and garlic.
  • aab2011
    Options
    I have never tried the frozen kind, but I like to do zucchini in foil in the oven or grill with cheese. Also it goes great in omletes!
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I make a zucchini and ham dish....3 small one and 16 oz of chopped ham...8oz light cottage cheese and half a container of light cream cheese. Sprinkle the top with a mixture of half Italian bread crums and parm cheese. Spray the top with the fat free parkay and back until the top is golden brown....I forgot to add that you saute the zucchini with a small sliced onion first then mix everything together. It is soooo yummy!
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love putting zucchini in a red sauce for spaghetti in place of meat, so yummy. skinnytaste.com had a recipe for baked zuchinni sticks, i'm sure you could so the same with the thawed pieces. Also, toss zucchini in a couple teaspoons of italian dressing and roast it in the oven, it's a delicious side dish!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sounds soooo great! I gotta try this one!

Oops, to mamax5's recipe!
  • ilyahna
    ilyahna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is a really simple reply, but it's an easy way to cook (steam) good for you veggies, especially zucchini, which is one of my favs. You can get a ziploc bag (large) and slice your zucchini and place it in the bag. Toss in about 1 tbs per 2 Zucchinis of your healthiest choice of butter or margarine, and about 1 tbs of minced garlic, and, if you're a fan of spice, some cayenne. Put enough water to cover the bottom of the bag into the ziploc, then seal it up. Poke a few holes in it, and toss it in the microwave for about 5 minutes. Five should bring it out nice and soft and full of flavor. Steam it closer to four minutes for crisper zucchini. It's also a really great way to cook broccoli.

I am also a fan of cooking such veggies in a wok, but you'd want to use a lid for steam, and never underestimate the power of chinese mustard to make things taste good. :)