think my scales have broken lol

Options
:noway:

no my scales are not really broken :laugh:

i have been doing this for 26 days now and only lost 1 lb the first week i lost 3 lbs then stayed the same for 2 weeks and then last week i put on 2 lb!!!.#
i have always had trouble losing weight but i thought this time it would have worked because it was recomended by the doctor.
I have had thyroid tests bla bla bla and all the rest of it and there is nothing wrong with me
apart from the fact the weights not coming off Any suggestions anyone???????????????

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Need more details - height, starting weight, goal weight, exercise routine, and open your diary if you can :smile:
  • loopylou72
    loopylou72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i dont know how to open my diary but i added you as a friend so hopefully you can see.

height 5'4
    weight 208.6 lbs
    goal weight at the moment only 190 lb
    excercise not much only walking and gardening just the everyday things

• melaniecheeks
    Options
    Great! You can change your diary settings under My Home - Settings - Diary.

Having had a quick look I would offer these comments:

Portion control - 4 slices of bread or 6 slices of crispbread in one day is a bit high, you could try reducing those.
    Chocolates and crisps?
    You are over your calories a few days - I know there are days when you're under too, so yeah it probably evens out, but if you're really trying to see results you could focus on staying under calories every day.

I see you do what I do, and use the comments section to record what you're learning about the foods you eat - this is a great idea, especially if you're just starting on MFP.

Exercise will help - can you up the amounts you're doing? Try increasing the walk to jogging, or go for a swim or a bike ride? Many leisure centres have autumn classes enrolling now - can you find a gentle activity that you'd enjoy?

Well done on taking the first steps, and remember this is a marathon, not a sprint.

And finally - are you in the UK?
  • loopylou72
    Options
    thanks
    will cut my bread down and the chocolate and i should cut out my glass of wine too,
    going to the gym is not an option really as i live quite away from a town but i do have a wii fit and i could find half an hour to go for a brisk walk so i will try those and i work evenings until 9pm so i should maybe have a bigger lunch and a lighter dinner as it is way too late to be eating anything heavy.
    thanks for your help i will try your suggestions so watch this space :wink:

oh and yes i am in the uk
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    I didn't mention the wine, cos it's my weakness too, lol!

One glass every couple of days isn't going to hold you back.

Good luck :smile:
  • loopylou72
    Options
    thanks thats what i like to hear :laugh: