What do you crave now?

Options
I was wondering what foods people were really getting into now they are calorie counting - the little indulgences that make the diet worth it.

I am very badly now in love with all things oaty, including porridge, I think oats are replacing some wheat in my diet as they seem to be yummier and more filling.

Also, whilst I can't eat a lot of it, I am really developing a thing for peanut butter.

What do you love on a calorie budget?

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    oohh watch out for peanut butter - it gets as addictive as chocolate!!

berries, peanutbutter, full fat yoghurt as a special treat (here in NZ we have a brand called Piako which is just to die for - I will trade ice cream for it every time!!)

Oh - and I am also with you on the oats - The Gracious Pantry's Carrot Cake Oatmeal and Pumpkin Pie oatmeal recipes are sooo addictive!!
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Blueberries! :happy:
  • zippy483
    zippy483 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Miss Mars Bars from the freezer :(

Love Quaker Microwave porridge all flavours :)
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I love berries too! But I always loved berries.
  • flipsit
    flipsit Posts: 111
    Options
    Nakd bars- Berry Cheeky and Cocoa Loco in particular. Will be having one tonight as my weekend treat. Mmm.....

Oh, and raw cashew nuts and sultanas. When you eat them together they taste like Christmas pudding and cream (to me at least). I have to weigh a portion and put them a little pot though, or else I would eat too many.
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    Not craving one particular thing or another, but oh Lord help your humble servant, how I miss and crave VOLUME. Belt loosening volume. Sweet, beautiful volume.
  • eviltwinkie
    Options
    I still crave chocolate, but I'm pretty good at being a chocolate snob so I'm picky about when/what I have. Frozen yogurt or ice cream. Low cal / low fat scratches the itch just fine. And the occasional cinnamon and sugar donut ish thing or cinnamon roll. Can be baked instead of fried. There's just something about cinnamon and sugar... don't really care for the cinnamon rolls with cream cheese. I'm all about the cinnamon. Low fat home made ones are just as yummy anymore. In fact, sometimes just cinnamon/sugar blend on toast hits the spot just right. I put it or pumpkin pie spice alot in my oatmeal.