Ran my first 5k today !

Options
2»

Replies

• syguy
    syguy Posts: 35
    Options
    Just got my official time 33m 47s !

Thanks for all the messages and to the people working towards doing a 5k - its definitely worth it at the end !
  • syguy
    syguy Posts: 35
    Options
    great work!!! keep it up, where's the next event going to be?

I used to run treadmills a few years ago it was ok but kinda boring. And now that I have started again im doing it just outside and im finding it way more fun.

They are in the same places every week, loads of places across the country, check parkrun.com for a list of all the locations
  • martinh78
    Options
    Well done, I hate running so no idea how you guys do it!
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It sounds like you've been bitten by the 5K bug! It's so addicting and fun. Good luck!
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options
    Great achievement!!! You should be very proud of yourself. I hope to do one in October when I finish my C25K (which I would strongly recommend to all who would like to get started).
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i ran/walked when i did my first 5K 2 yrs ago. Keep at it, you'll eventually get stronger and faster at it and soon you'll be running marathons!

Congrats!!
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That is awesome Congratulations!! got to love the calorie burn that goes with it too..oh yea make room for the T-shirts :smile:
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's awesome!! I still remember my first race!!
  • afloggie
    Options
    Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!