Gluten free foods and snacks

Options
Kacy
Kacy Posts: 43 Member
Can anyone give me a list of gluten free foods and snacks my family can eat? We are just starting out on our gluten free adventure and I'm afraid I'm going to buy stuff I shouldn't buy. Maybe give me a list of some common things I might have in my house already that have gluten in it and I might not realize it? Any info would be helpful.

Replies

• Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting but my new favorite food is nut thin crackers with almond butter smeared on top. I held my nose and tried it and loved it. I am getting some recipes off of everydaypaleo.com
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me a list of gluten free foods and snacks my family can eat? We are just starting out on our gluten free adventure and I'm afraid I'm going to buy stuff I shouldn't buy. Maybe give me a list of some common things I might have in my house already that have gluten in it and I might not realize it? Any info would be helpful.

Watch out for soy sauce! It's got wheat in it. Go for Tamari sauce instead.

For snacks i like slim secrets protein bars.
  • BBCTiffyB
    BBCTiffyB Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    There is a list of gluten free foods and foods (and ingredients to avoid) on Celiacs.com. It was funny that you posted this, as I was just about to post a Gluten Free diet support group =)

I think I may still start the support thread so that all GF questions can be answered =)

It really isn't going to be hard to switch with more raw foods (veggies, fruits, etc) and if you go to Whole Foods or a place like that, they have dedicated gluten free sections in each isle.

Anything that contains any kind of flour will more than likely have gluten in it unless it is certified gluten free. Just a tip =)
  • tawnabunnygirl
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this posting thing. I was wondering what the benefits are of eating gluten free. I am starting to eat more raw foods, and am wanting to investigate the gluten free angle. I just want to know what the other benefits are besides weight loss. Thanks for any responses.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this posting thing. I was wondering what the benefits are of eating gluten free. I am starting to eat more raw foods, and am wanting to investigate the gluten free angle. I just want to know what the other benefits are besides weight loss. Thanks for any responses.

http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2011/09/12/interview-with-wheat-belly-author-dr-william-davis/

The site above has a lot of great info IMO.