Saturday Confession

Options
Out of nowwhere yesterday afternoon the temptations just started swirling. Food was just taking over my thoughts. I tried hard to abstain, while waiting for my salon appointment I drank black coffee and read my book. afterwards, I knew I didn't want to go to the grocery store hungry so I ate my 90 calorie special k bar in the van before going inside.

But alas, the dam broke and I ate, and ate. I did track and track and although I ate almost all my excercise calories back - I ending the day with 68 calories leftover. Honestly, I didn't know that till now but I wanted to really add up how much I had ate yesterday.

I pray that this binge is behind me and that today I will be strong. Happy Saturday all :ohwell:

Replies

• SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Out of nowwhere yesterday afternoon the temptations just started swirling. Food was just taking over my thoughts. I tried hard to abstain, while waiting for my salon appointment I drank black coffee and read my book. afterwards, I knew I didn't want to go to the grocery store hungry so I ate my 90 calorie special k bar in the van before going inside.

But alas, the dam broke and I ate, and ate. I did track and track and although I ate almost all my excercise calories back - I ending the day with 68 calories leftover. Honestly, I didn't know that till now but I wanted to really add up how much I had ate yesterday.

I pray that this binge is behind me and that today I will be strong. Happy Saturday all :ohwell:
    Today is a new day...you can do it!
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats on not going over for the entire day. Try to cut yourself a little slack! It was just one day, not a month and you didn't wake up 20 lbs heavier right? Today is a whole new day, but don't punish yourself!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Wow, you did a great job to deal with it, that's for sure. You've been building your willpower and strategies for handling just such an occasion, it showed yesterday. Here's hoping for a strong Saturday!:wink:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you were still under your cal goal yesterday, so I'm not really seeing the problem. A lot of times, when you eat at such an extreme deficit as you have been, without eating those exercise calories (you do burn a lot when you work out!), your body eventually just says, "Screw this, I need food!" So you binge a little. You've got to fuel your body if you want it to keep working properly. I wouldn't be surprised to see a little extra loss on the scale once you work the sodium out of your system. :)
  • sherrylwilson
    sherrylwilson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday! I ended up eating pizza before bed.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Agree! A new day today! I did get one helpful hint out of Atkins and that is, if you want to binge have a protein binge - his example was you can only eat so many boiled eggs, and I agree! Hope that helps you out in the future, but really don't worry - it's just one day, it'll be fine x
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Agree! A new day today! I did get one helpful hint out of Atkins and that is, if you want to binge have a protein binge - his example was you can only eat so many boiled eggs, and I agree! Hope that helps you out in the future, but really don't worry - it's just one day, it'll be fine x
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words, my mission is not to fall of the wagon because of a few bad choices and to excercise even more today. I want to meet that first mini goal (25 lbs) soon and have one milestone behind me. I am heading to work with my bottle of water and special k bar to guard me from temptation.
  • It happens. If you go back over your day, your thoughts, etc.. You may be able to find the emotional trigger. What matters is that you recorded it, acknowledged it and are on track for today. I have done the diet roller coaster since my daddy put me on my first diet at 10. I am 54 now, and this year - this time...is the first time I have gotten through experiences like you had yesterday with out saying the "heck with it" and just starting back to all of my pre-diet habits. As I am getting closer to goal.. I am having some weird experiences.. I understand where some of them are coming from. I have hope. It is not how many times you fall, but how many time you get up... (never can remember who said it, but, It's TRUE). good luck and best wishes!