I am not hungry!

Options
Just an observation. I have been eaating differentlly and tracking here for about a month now. I just am amazed that I am NOT hungrier. I am eating my recommended weight loss goal calories. I usually do not eat my exercise calories back but instead consider them my buffer for mis-measuring or estimating. (I am also in a weight loss contest at work so am keeping strict for now)

I just keep wondering why I was eating SO much before. If I am satisified with my 1200 calories and have enough energy for my daily activities as well as a workout 5 days a week then it is no wonder I had packed on 10-15 pounds in the past two years. Almost exclusively emotional eating, too.

I guess this revelation is that I CAN keep this up as a complete lifestyle change. If I want to be a smaller person then I need to eat like a smaller person. It really isn't rocket science, is it?

Replies

• Munchiemooka
    Munchiemooka Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I was eathing not just on emotions but also serving up almost the same portion as my husband and finishing it just cause it was there, where now I have a correct portion and am more happy to be honist as I dont feel stuffed at the end of my evening meal.

I do slip back somethimes but I find that the days that I ate "normal" covers me
  • MomBo
    MomBo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are a quicker learner than I am. It took you only 5 or 10 years to figure that out. I took me close to 45. You can eat food you like, that is healthy, satisfies your hunger without over eating. A person can modify recipes, cut down on portions and it works. Your are so right, it isn't rocket science, but does take an little effort, but the effort is so worth it. Good for you!!!!