"Walk at Home" with Leslie Sansone ROCKS!

Options
Been using YouTube footage which has been ace while I waited for my DVDs to arrive. They came this morning, with special resistence bands that you attach around your trainers and hold the other end with handles in your hands, Well let me tell you it was no ordinary walk, im very hot and deffo feel like ive had a work out and that was just on the "One Mile Super walk" which is only 15 minutes!

I can so recommend to people out there that have young kids that cant keep up the pace when outside, if weather is terrible, or you just dont like or cant afford to go to a gym and it is really good for those that have not done any form of exercise for some time.

So far from what ive seen there is no jumping around, just paced walking to the beat of music, along with gentle kicks, side steps with arm movements and knee kicks, with the resistence bands these move to the next level of intensity, but all good. Your not out of breath, although it does quicken and like I mentioned before, you get very warm and a wee bit sweaty :blushing: :laugh:

I can so recommend it :wink:

Replies

• cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    My only form of cardio for the last 6 months has been her videos. I think they are working for me! I hope you enjoy doing it.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie! If you have cable, she has a few free videos ON DEMAND right now :)
  • netsirk419
    netsirk419 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree! They also have them on demand under Exercise TV on cable for free.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Leslie's videos!!!
    She's awesome ;)
    Hope you keep enjoying her workouts....good luck!!:bigsmile:
  • balowry1
    Options
    I love her DVDs. I have different miles ranging from one mile to five miles. I use her DVDs almost every day.
  • adamsonam
    Options
    I love Leslie! If you have cable, she has a few free videos ON DEMAND right now :)

Seriously need to check that out when I put my daughter down for her nap!! Guess I need to look at more than movies On Demand from now on!! Thanks for the tip ladies!!
  • loverachel18
    Options
    I love her videos! I do them everyday! They are soooo easy and you don't need any weights to do them!
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Im uk based and have SKY satellite. I managed to get 4 dvds from qvc 1/2/3/4 mile walks :happy:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Ok I am really going to intensify my search for the DVD in Australia now. Someone must sell it. Otherwise will learn how to order from the internet. Did the 15min utube version and enjoyed that.
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i've done her videos more than any other exercise and i love them! i've found the 4 mile walk vid with the resistance band and i only do the first 3 miles usually. 15 min, 12 min, then 10 min with the boosted walking. it is the perfect combo of walking, aerobic, and cardio exercises. i'm sweating by the 2nd mile and am losing weight because of it. looking on her site for more boosted walking vids. good luck with her!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    her 2 mile one is awesome and great to do on a rainy day.She is VERY upbeat....
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    I Love Leslie's video's. They are relatively cheap at Walmart for $12 I believe. I have her 3, 4 and 5 mile and they are all terrific. I love them as a backup for staying home. They work! Great sweat too. Just wish she had the calories burned on her vids.
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    These videos sound fantastic I am definitely going to try these. Thanks gals!:smile:
  • lenwie
    Options
    Ok I am really going to intensify my search for the DVD in Australia now. Someone must sell it. Otherwise will learn how to order from the internet. Did the 15min utube version and enjoyed that.

Ive been doing part one followed witrh part two for a 2 mile 30 minute walk.
  • persanta
    persanta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Her DVD`s are the only exercise dvds I actually look forward to (and believe me, I`ve bought quite a few dust collectores in my time if you know what I mean ha ha)

I too have just bought the set with the bands. (off ebay tho)

She seems so genuine and the walks are sooooo easy to follow.

LOVE IT :love:
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i also have found her on my on demand and fell in love with them.. what do you guys put them under when you log into your excercise i always put brisk walk... ?
  • lenwie
    Options
    i also have found her on my on demand and fell in love with them.. what do you guys put them under when you log into your excercise i always put brisk walk... ?

aerobics low impact, as it is more than just walking.:wink:
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reviews, ladies! I got one of her DVDs awhile back, and never opened it. Dug it out last night and intend to start today (as soon as my husband gives up the basement so I can exercise in peace and privacy). I don't remember the name, but there are 5 different days on it? And the band was included. I ordered mine from Amazon. It's good to hear so many enjoy her stuff, and do get a workout from it. I need to start this exercise thing gently.
  • lenwie
    Options
    Her DVD`s are the only exercise dvds I actually look forward to (and believe me, I`ve bought quite a few dust collectores in my time if you know what I mean ha ha)

:laugh: so sounds like me, ive got so many tucked away from Billy Blanks to Jillian Micheals, you name them ive probably got them, even as far back as Jane Fonda and anyone remember Callan Pinkney's Callenetics?, this was just ace, but I had on VHS and cannot find on DVD:sad: