Night time eating

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm in nursing and work till 11:30 in a hospital. By the time I get home at midnight Im STARVING. I was never a nightime eater when I worked days. Any suggestions? I have a light dinner and then have a snack at 9pm, Im starting to think this isnt enough. I think getting home at midnight is really stalling my efforts. I got home one night and just told myself I wasnt going to eat, but I laid in bed with honest,growling hungers pains, its ridculious!

Any suggestions?

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    There's no rule that says you can't eat at night, especially if you're getting to bed so late. Shift your meals so that you're eating later in the day, and if your stomach is growling, put something in it! Try to eat more protein and fiber to help you feel fuller longer.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Maybe put a snack bag of a serving of almonds or cereal or snack in the cup holder in your car so you have something before you get in the house. Maybe it will curb your hunger with one serving size before opening up that fridge or cupboard and see all the temptations.