my first nsv

Options
So this morning I was really excited to weigh myself. I have really worked hard this week to push myself in my workouts and watch what I eat despite the fact that I have been battling a cold. When I get on the scale...i've gained 2 pounds! I was disappointed in myself and felt really down. Then I thought..well I'll do my measurements and see if there is any difference even though I don't really see any. Well...it's great..even though I have gained a few pounds, I have lost inches :):):):)

In the last week I have lost a total of 5 inches!
From the beginning of my weight loss journey I have lost a total of 25 1/2 inches!

Has made me realize how very important it is to track your measurements as well as pounds lost! :)

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!!
  • kassied09
    Options
    That's great! Remember muscle weighs more than fat, as well! Keep it up :D
  • vicky_unni
    Options
    So true, because I have lost a total of 2 pounds but I have lost a lot in inches, so even though I don't see a different in numbers according to the scale. I can't get to discouraged because I have improved my overall measurements.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first NSV and I know you'll experience many many more!
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    wow! that is awesome!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Good thing you took measurements. Personally, I think they are much more satisfying than pounds.

And you lost 5 inches????? Your hard work and dedication is really paying off. You are kicking butt!
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    thanks! it is def keeping me motivated to stick with it. I think I just have to keep myself from only looking at the number on the scale.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!