dancing to keep fit

Options
hey guys,
getting really sick of the gym and thinking of taking up dancing classes for two of my three workouts/week. do u think i could get good results with this, i know dancers have great bodies hehe!!
:)

Replies

• gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    hey guys,
    getting really sick of the gym and thinking of taking up dancing classes for two of my three workouts/week. do u think i could get good results with this, i know dancers have great bodies hehe!!
    :)
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I take a dance class on Fridays and using my heart monitor, I but about 450-500 calories in an hour. Not as high as my biking or kickboxing, but still a decent amount of sweating going on. Don't know if that helps or not.
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i dance as well as weightlifting and it must be working because i started on Jan.2 and have lost 4 pounds.............
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When I am in my gym and working like crazy on the elliptical machine, HR 145, sweat pouring off me.....I get bored and jump off and DANCE DANCE DANCE.....My HR remains the same and the sweat keeps on comin'

Dance is great for you! Lifts your spirits along with your bottom!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I love to sing and dance! Maybe I should start doing that all over the place. Then I could see whose nerves I get on!! LOL:bigsmile:
  • caejde
    caejde Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Dancing with the Stars Latin Dance DVD and I love it. I'm sore the next day from it. And I get a good sweat. Doing the whole DVD-which is an hour-I burn a little over 400 calories.