size 16 ....... arghhh

Options
heyyyy every1 hope every 1 is doin greatttttttttt....

gt a stupid question ...=D

i am size 16 uk size..
i bougth a coat in medium size 12-14....i dont wana buy a coat in large i just dont wana as i m losin wait ...

now received it yesterday and when i tried it on ....it was sooo tight.....was thinkin to return it cause i dont knw ..if i lose more weight will my chest shrink 2 ???

has any1 who lost weight gone a size smaller for they clothes and if yes after how many kilos did ur size gone smaller...??

=D have a great day guysss

Replies

• moon_light10
    Options
    I'm a UK size 14, and I buy a 16-18 coat, coz I tend to wear a jumper under it,
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    if you are only a 16(i wish) and need to get to a 12/14 then if you try hard and exersice it will not take you long at all!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm just buying cheaply and accessoring to brighten it up, go to George and pick something up cheap there or even a chairty shop. I wouldn't bother with Primark cos it'd fall apart before you're ready for the new one O:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I lose a size roughly every 16lb. Suppose its different for everyone though.
  • naina2006
    Options
    wow ...and thx thts really motivating me....=D
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am a size 12 uk and always buy my coats in a 14 as I wear a jumper underneath too. I would return and go for large then at least you can wear jumpers underneath in the winter. Coat sizes don't matter :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    me again if you tried hard by xmas you could be a 12 quite easily i would imagine(100 days)!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Sizes vary so much from make to make - I hate buying clothes online as I prefer to try them on first.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I always have to buy a bigger size in coats etc, I can wear a 10-12 jeans and bottoms, but I need a 16-18 top as I have a 32GG bust and it makes all my clothes look rubbish, nothing looks worse than too small, it makes you look bigger than you are, don't try and sqeeze into something too small because of what the label says, nobody can see the label, just that it doesn't fit too well.

You will fit into eventually, and with hard work sooner rather than later, but don't wear it if it doesn't properly fit, it will make you look bigger and spoil all your hard work. I wear all my clothes until the are so big it's ridiculous, people still notice I lost weight. :flowerforyou:
  • emsibun
    emsibun Posts: 208
    Options
    This really depends on you height, your chest and waist measurements - lots of things!

I've gone from a size 20 to a size 12 - perhaps a 10 in some shops. My size 16 coats - some of them are fine, especially with jumpers underneath, but some just look plain stupid. It's the arms that I really notice the difference, my wrists swim in the cuffs.

My chest did shrink - I've shrunk all over, but it took time to see an 'all over' effect and there was a point for a couple of months when my tops were still size 16 because my boobs had remained the same.

I went from a size 20 to an 18 very quickly, after one stone. Then lost another stone and this took me to a size 16. It took two more stone to go to a size 14 and I'm not sure how long it took to get to size 12 because I just wore my clothes big until recently when that became impossible. I stayed a 16 for the longest time.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I now weigh 13 stone 1. I have lost 8 pound so far. Have gone from a size 20 bottom to an 18 (possibly a 16). i was a size 12-14 top half but I am a a 10-12 now. My breast have really shrunk and my waist has toned.
  • naina2006
    Options
    i think from now to x-mas 100 days...i ll work twice as hard o....i will neva wear large size clothes i need to fit in this coat no matter howww =D
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    It also depends on what exercise you are planning to do. I do a lot of swimmng so that works my top half a lot.
  • psuedodragon
    Options

Definetly different for everyone... I had gained roughly 50lbs and only went up 2 sizes, so considering my goal is to get back to that I can average a size change every 25lbs. (Ouch!)

Of course, I'm over 6' tall, so I guess there's a lot of me that can store the fat before the inches start jumping up dramatically...
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    hi! you will definitely get smaller up there the more weight you lose. i am tired of going shopping now because everytime i buy something to fit me, it ends up being too big for me in a few weeks. so i would keep the coat as motivation. i bought a pair of pants that at the time were VERY tight on me, now i am so thankful that i bought them, cause they are the only pants that don't fall off of me :)) also, i had a bunch of dresses that were too tight for me in my chest area, now they are perfect. so just keep it cause it will keep you motivated and once you fit in it, you will feel soooo good :))
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options

I'm around here, lost about 16lb an prox a size & a half. My (new, fashionable, post-divorce) winter coat was 'snug' last year - it fits PERFECTLY this year - I'm digging ALL my old clothes from the back of my closet, keeping the ones that are still in style & fit, and getting rid of everything else.
    I'm giving away my plus size stuff, if I gain it back, it's gonna cost me a new wardrobe
    ps- I was american 16/18 now 13/14
  • zoodalia
    Options
    I lost 21 pounds and went from a UK 12 to a UK 8-10... pretty much all my clothes were baggy (until I put all the weight back on!) I'd say hang in there, you might find it fits you sooner than you think!

Good luck:)
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    I am a UK size 14 (down from a size 22... yippee!!). Luckily, I managed to keep a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes (when I was a size 10 - 12... I wish I was still there). I have a lot of trousers and jumpers, some of the trousers I can get into now. I am quite loathed to buy anything at the moment. A few months ago, I brought a size 16 pair of jeans, within a couple of months, they were far too big for me.

The clothes may be out of date fashion, but you never know, it might come around again... here's hoping :happy:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I also agree with going up a coat size. I take a Uk 10, but bought a 12 winter coat, you have the room for jumpers etc then.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    How about a little eBay number, used, or George etc to keep you going, then keep your lovely new one as a treat to look forward to? Asda had some £18 coats today when I was in there, or eBay you'll probably come in even lower. Best of luck, and look foward to wearing it out nice and new for the Christmas do's!