Slimming World or MFP

OK I need some opinions. I have been stuck at 149/150 lbs from May this year and cant seem to get below that weight. I joined MFP in Aug hoping that would help and I still havent budged an ounce . Im reading that the weight is falling of everyone else and it appears Im not doing anything different to everyone else as in eating properly and exercising. I decided not to log for a few weeks as it was turning into an unhealthy obsession. I then decided to try something different altogether and joined Slimming World. Once again everyone else was losing but me infact I gained 21/2 pounds the first week. I just dont know whether to continue slimming world or go back to counting cals.

Replies

• mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Maybe a trip to a doctor/dietician is in order?
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    How do you eat and how do you exercise? Once you get close to your "goal" weight it gets harder to lose. You might need to up your calories.
  • jameslucy
    jameslucy Posts: 85 Member
    I still have another 12 - 14 llbs to lose. I no I wasnt eating enough cals when I first joined MFP but did increase them and while I was doing slimming world I followed the plan exactly as everyone else did. I do spin class 3 days a week and do cardio and strength training 2 / 3 times a week.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    try zig zagging your calories...when i get on a plateau i start zig zagging and i overcome that plateau and also switch up your exercises since your body could be so use to them
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Maybe you're already at a healthy weight for your body? Sometimes what we think we should weigh isn't realistic for our own body types.
  • Like somebody else said, once you're closer to your goal, it can get a lot harder to lose the last 10-20 pounds. Try switching up your workout routine or add something extra to it like a 30 minute fitness class/video every day to see if it helps at all.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    My opinion.
    1. Cut the processed food -- go more natural. The processed food hides a lot of sugar, empty carbs, sodium etc.
    2. Replace fruit with more veggies. There isn't anything you can get from fruit that you can't get from veggies and you don't pay the price in sugar.
    3. Up the protein and good fats in the morning.
    4. Up the calories a bit.
    5. My opinion is also that it's supposed to be a permanent lifestyle change, not a diet.

Read other opinions and experiment -- everyone is different .
  • jameslucy
    jameslucy Posts: 85 Member
    Yea Im finding it expensive as well. The only thing Im worried about MFP is like I mentioned earlier is that it was becoming an obsession and if I went over on my sugar and protein which I did all the time with proper healthy food it was really upsetting and frustrating me. Thats why I stopped logging for a while.