Hey, Home Exercisers!

Options
2»

Replies

• kmartinko
    Options
    I only exercise at home. I do not like to go to a gym and have an "audience". I love all of Chalene Johnson's workouts - I started with the Turbo Jams and moved up to Turbo Fire. They are amazing workouts and she is extremely motivating. I also like Jillian Michaels. I have 30 day shred and No More Trouble Zones.

I have Chalene Extreme which is great if you have the adjustable free weights. For motivation I would say try Turbo Jams or Turbo Fire.
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Love the Wonder Woman pics in the ticker, btw. :)

I would be remiss if I didn't vouch for Jillian Michaels DVDs. I've done the 30 Day Shred and am on Week 4 of Ripped In 30. They are great if you like working out to DVDs. Handweights and a yoga mat are all I've ever needed.

I started working out when the kids were finally in bed. My hour between 9-10 was my workout time, as I wasn't quite a morning person yet. I used to own a treadmill that broke two weeks after I started my weight loss commitment. To do cardio at night, I ran circles in my basement, like a hamster, except I did high-knees, high-cadence running by inching forward slowly. You gotta do what you gotta do with what you're given, even if it's only a 20 x 20 area to run. I'd do the Shred, then follow with cardio.

The weather's better and that gives me more opportunities to run outside. I take the kids to the school playground and they ride bikes or climb equipment while I run the perimeter of the parking lot.

I do the Ripped in 30 in my basement and now squeeze it in the mornings after I drop off the kids at school. If I get distracted at home by anything, I tell myself that no one is going to lose this weight except ME, so I better just go downstairs and DO IT. Seeing results has been a huge motivator for me; I've lost 36 pounds in six months and I did it on my own. :)

The person above that mentioned working out so that he will be able to eat more later---- so true. I think like that, too. I work out so I can eat more than the original 1200 calories. I've moved up my calorie goals because this body is so hungry all the time that it needs fuel!
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Love the Wonder Woman pics in the ticker, btw. :)

I would be remiss if I didn't vouch for Jillian Michaels DVDs. I've done the 30 Day Shred and am on Week 4 of Ripped In 30. They are great if you like working out to DVDs. Handweights and a yoga mat are all I've ever needed.

I started working out when the kids were finally in bed. My hour between 9-10 was my workout time, as I wasn't quite a morning person yet. I used to own a treadmill that broke two weeks after I started my weight loss commitment. To do cardio at night, I ran circles in my basement, like a hamster, except I did high-knees, high-cadence running by inching forward slowly. You gotta do what you gotta do with what you're given, even if it's only a 20 x 20 area to run. I'd do the Shred, then follow with cardio.

The weather's better and that gives me more opportunities to run outside. I take the kids to the school playground and they ride bikes or climb equipment while I run the perimeter of the parking lot.

I do the Ripped in 30 in my basement and now squeeze it in the mornings after I drop off the kids at school. If I get distracted at home by anything, I tell myself that no one is going to lose this weight except ME, so I better just go downstairs and DO IT. Seeing results has been a huge motivator for me; I've lost 36 pounds in six months and I did it on my own. :)

The person above that mentioned working out so that he will be able to eat more later---- so true. I think like that, too. I work out so I can eat more than the original 1200 calories. I've moved up my calorie goals because this body is so hungry all the time that it needs fuel!

Thanks! Wonder Woman is my childhood idol :) I just got shred and am gonna try it as so many peeps on here are recommending it. Thanks for those tips and congrats on your awesome work...WTG!!!!!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    jumprope
    resistance bands

I just bought a kettlebell, some hand weights, and an ab roller yesterday, but I haven't used them yet. I also want a hula hoop.
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    I work out at home I have never even stepped foot inside a gym !!

My boys are still young enough that I can push them in my double jogger to walk or run which is great for releasing stress especially when its them stressing me out it helps all of us ALOT !!

I also have workout DVDs that I love ... Turbo Jam is awesome and I am ordering Turbo Fire soon !! I find if its fun I am more likely to do it ... I also just started 30day shred my anniversary is Nov1 and I want to one up as much as possible I also find it helps to have a goal and I make out my weekly plan to include my workouts and if I get to add in more that is great if not then I got alteast my 30mins each day :):) well 20 now that I am doing 30day shred but I think I may add a turbo jam to that routine soon to really work myself !!