Deodorant- Embarrasing but I need help!

Options
I have to constantly change dedorants every couple of weeks because I Sweat a lot. It's rather embarassing and I have to put on dedorant half way thought the day... What's the deal with that? Please no insults. I do wash my underarms every well. I have used degree, suave, and lady speed stick. Should I try a clinical strength deodorant or could it be something else like my body going through a hormonal phase or something?? It's been like this for at least 4 months.

Replies

• tamidav
    tamidav Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use Secret Clinical and it works very well for me. It's a little expensive but worth it in my opinion.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I thought I finally found a deodorant that works, degree export protection, but after a couple weeks it all started again.
    :(
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Secret Clinical is great.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Trying a spray Adidas sport intensive. It works well but it is cold when you spray it on haha
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree...Secret Clinical!!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'll try clinical strength. I'm sure it will be worth it because now I have 3 more then half way full deodorants that I have used that don't work for me. :(
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Are you concerned about sweat or body odor? If its sweat, you need to use an antiperspirant. Deodorant works for body odor.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I really like the Ban solid sticks. My sister sweats a lot and has had great luck with the clinical strength ones. Good luck it is so not something anyone wants to deal with! If worst comes to worst you can get an OTC prescription deodorant from your physician.
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Try Arm & Hammer Baking Soda deodorant (Anti-perspirant) it seems to work great for me.
  • jonniemarie1
    jonniemarie1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i used to have the same problem... it would be like 30 degrees outside and snowing, and my armpits would be soaked!!! Use certain dry... i promise it works!!!!! i made all my friends use it and its amazinggggg!!!!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Most deoderant are for smell not the actual perperation, make sure they say anti-persperint on them, I discovered this with my sister, she's got about 30 sprays in her collection and not a one of them i for perpiration, it' just smell in an aerosol.
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Honestly I have the same issue and haven't found a single one that keeps me from sweating except for Mitchum and I'm not a fan, so generally I just go for something that smells good and try to dress to where it isn't so noticeable.

I'm often embarrassed by the problem, but at the same time, the extra perspiration helps me lose weight quickly ;)
  • STARSHINE1975
    Options
    Is it sweating that's the problem? or odor?

The clinical strength deodorants are supposed to be applied to washed underarms right before you go to bed at night so that they can "cure" (only word I can think of to describe it). This seals the pores that release the sweat so you need to do it when you won't be sweating. Some people have over-reactive sweat glands, but you mentioned that it's been getting worse, so this probably doesn't apply to you because it's a life-long condition. And those require drastic measures ( they have to change their shirts 3+ times a day) like Botox or surgery.

If it's odor, I find those heavy duty deodorants are hard to wash off (I've had to use a buff puff to basically scrape it off) and seem to trap odors in. I now use distilled vinegar every morning after my shower to clean the area under my arms and kill all the bacteria. I then apply a mild, easy to wash off deodorant. Because you have to let the vinegar dry, there are times that I have forgotten to apply deodorant and there has been zero smell. =)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I used to have that problem and it just went away on it's own. When I had the problem I used guys deodorant, not sure which one but it was a sport one without a strong scent. It helped with the sweating and with the odor.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of female freinds that swear by Certain Dri. apparently you put it on at night before bed and it works through the next day
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    First of all nothing will stop your sweat completly that is healthy for you, Secret clinical and all that contains that aluminum crap that is linked to breast cancer, I highly advise people not to use it, I constantly seem to sweat on only one side lol so I totaly understand your problem, I make my own deodorant with coconut oil,baking soda, and cornstarch and I really like it, Ive been using it for months, here is a website on how to make it-

http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2009/08/natural-deodorant.html
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    One of my daughters has a similar problem. One of the things she was told was to apply it the night before to maximize effectiveness. That might have been specific to one of the clinical strength ones that she tried. If you shower in the morning that might create a complication to that approach.
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Please be careful with anti-antiperspirant deodorants you apply the night before. They can cause a few health issues such as raising blood pressure.
  • Elmaunie
    Elmaunie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Some people are just unlucky and sweat a lot. I'm one and always keep a deodorant in my drawer at work! I find Mitchums is the best that you can find in the supermarket... You can see what your doctor says about it. If it's a recent thing maybe it's something to do with a diet/lifestyle change? I've done some minor online research and it seems that low blood sugar can make it worse. Have you been cutting food groups out of your diet? So can stress.

If it's a real problem for you I've also heard that you can get botox injected into your armpits to control it. Sounds a bit drastic though!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    How old are you? I went through a bad sweating phase at about 24/25. I ended up not using antiperspirant at all for a few months, and my body readjusted. I think it's that your body wants to sweat, and if you prevent it, it works even harder at it. I am not a big sweater, naturally. People always comment how I don't sweat when I run, but I found the more actively I tried to stop it, the worse it got.