Protein, not carbs!

Options
I TRIED TO BUILD ME A DAY TO FIT MY GOALS... BUT EVEN ON PAPER I CANT... HELP!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/wutamunkee?date=2011-09-18

I will eat meat, not fish... but I dont like it... no moral issues, just taste preference.

Replies

• SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Switch out the potatoes for something like cauliflower. I mash mine with a little garlic, cream cheese, and pamesan cheese. It really cuts down on the carbs, and to me, tastes close enough to mashed potatoes that I don't know the difference. You can leave out the cheeses too and just use a little milk (regular, almond, soy.. all work fine). There are tons of great cauliflower recipes online.
  • MissKahli
    Options
    have you heard of the Paleo diet? you might want to look into it..
  • Melaniemarie86
    Melaniemarie86 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try switching out pineapple for fruits that are lower on the glycemic index, that way they will have less sugar, and in return have less carbs. Pears, cherries, and grapefruit would all qualify.
  • Expatgirl
    Expatgirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hillshire Farms thin slice 95% fat free ROAST BEEF.
    Yum! Lots of protein just watch the sodium.
  • martinh78
    Options
    I try to hit high protein numbers in my diet, so feel free to have a look at my diary to help you see quickly where the big protein foods come from.

Salmon, for example, had 46g per fillet where chicken only had 6.

I'm not saying my diary is perfect, but hopefully there will be something you like and can add each day.
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. I see where you do not like fish, but lean meats like chicken and turkey have no carbs and are full of protein. Also lots of veggies have less carbs than potatoes, corn, and peas. You could eat broccoli, cabbage, carrots, asparagus, okra, squash, etc.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I augment my diet with an early morning protein shake, a recovery protein shake after working out, and a nightime protein shake...it's the only way I can get my protein intake up above 45% without eating a whole chicken and half of a cow...my diary is open to the public if you want to view...my macros are set at 45P, 35C, and 20F
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're sodium is way out of line!! You need to cook fresh veggies not frozen and laden with salt!

Portabello mushrooms, grilled or sautéed with a bit of olive oil. I like to do sweet onions, and bell peppers in the same pan
    until everything is caramelized.

Grilled chicken breasts, ground turkey breast and no-salt added albacore tuna are my usual suspects in the protein dept. Protein shakes are great too and taste sinfully delicious.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're sodium is way out of line!! You need to cook fresh veggies not frozen and laden with salt!

Portabello mushrooms, grilled or sautéed with a bit of olive oil. I like to do sweet onions, and bell peppers in the same pan
    until everything is caramelized.

Grilled chicken breasts, ground turkey breast and no-salt added albacore tuna are my usual suspects in the protein dept. Protein shakes are great too and taste sinfully delicious.

That was the last few days... I was trying to increase calories with what I had in the house... I am usually on top of my sodium... as in, way below!