Making and Freezing

Has anyone ever made things like enchiladas or chicken with vegetables rolled inside of them and then frozen them for use later in the week? Do you cook them first (maybe the chicken with veggies you don't have to cook, could just freeze??) I'm wondering how the enchiladas would hold up frozen? Any thoughts, tips, etc greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    If Lean Cuisine can do it, why not you?
  • ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    That's was my thought too but thought I'd ask!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Can't see there being a problem really, although if you're worried, just freeze the filling, then deforst and fill your enchiladas on the day you want to eat them.

I always cook for 4 at teh weekends and freeze the leftovers.... then live off the frozen leftovers during the days the week.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,066 Member
    I do that a lot with chicken and green chile enchiladas. Prepare it to the point you'd put it in the oven, then cover and freeze it. Takes a little longer to cook of course when frozen, but it works perfectly!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I never freeze the tortillas anymore because the disintegrate. I cook the filling and freeze it. Then use fresh tortillas when I actually eat it.
  • I like to do chicken enchiladas into portions and freeze for later. I make them up, without the cheese... then when I do thaw and cook them, I put the fresh cheese on them and voila! perfect eats.

I also make pot stickers and freeze them into portions all steamed and ready to go.