spagehtti

Options
2»

Replies

• Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! i am going to try spaghetti squash......i just went and picked one up! i will make the family regular spaghetti with noodles and have my squash because i do not think they will go for it!!! lol
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Alright. Where you do find spaghetti squash? Is it just a regular squash that you cook yourself or does it already come packaged ready to go?
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Alright. Where you do find spaghetti squash? Is it just a regular squash that you cook yourself or does it already come packaged ready to go?

It's a long yellow squash that is rather like a football in shape. You have to cook it yourself...see directions above. You'll find it in the produce section.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    i love spagetti but i dont really eat it anymore because it contains so many calories. I am craving it tonight however and am wondering what others do to make it healthier or less calories. i use whole wheat pasta and i add onions, green peppers, and low fat hambuger. my sauce is low calorie at only 50cal. per 1/2cup. my problem is that a serving of just the pasta is 2oz which is 180calories. but 2oz is nothing! lol i usually eat about 2 servings (4oz). so this ends up being over 500calories for a bowl of spagehtti. any thoughts or ideas?
    Are you measuring that cooked or raw? 2 oz of raw spaghetti is one serving. 4 oz of cooked spaghetti is one serving (pasta generally doubles in weight when cooked.)

If you're that worried about the calories, just eat one serving. When I do spaghetti and meat sauce I use a recipe that serves 8 people that only calls for 8 oz of spaghetti, so I definitely don't see a problem with pasta serving sizes (since my recipe is actually half a serving per person, and nobody goes hungry.)