Does anyone "save" calories for alcohol?

Options
If you're planning on a night out, do you save your calories?

I have a bad bad habit of doing this.. not sure if It's better to just eat and deal with going over (more like doubling daily calories due to alcohol intake).. or still try to keep within daily intake range calculating drinks into it?

Replies

• pinkandstars09
    Options
    i personally save for alcohol lol .
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I do, but you can't save ALL your calories for alcohol. Eat as reasonably as possible and then drink as reasonably as possible.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I am on 1200 cals a day + exercise cals. I have 2 or 3 glasses of wine every night. I drink lambrini light 55 cals a glass and use my exercise cals.

I know I would not be able to be on this journey if I could not sit down in the evening with a glass of wine...so it works for me.

I am not sure if saving your calories over a week to `spend` on a night out would work. But if you have a deficit over a week then I suppose you could.

Maybe try to find a drink that is low in cals a white spirit with a diet mixer/water? Or a white wine spritzer in a very tall glass with lots of ice?
  • sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i save for the alcohol. I know Michelob Ultra has 95cals and allow myself 3 and still eat good for the day. You will find what works for you but find lower calorie drinks, you can still have a great time but don't need all the extra calories that some drinks contain. If you can't do that then work out and drink lots of water the next few days after. If you don't see a weight loss you will also know why. You have to find what works for you, not what works for anyone else but if you want to lose weight then you have to make different choices and balance out everything. Good luck.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    not really because I actually just find myself drinking less because I actually care about what it does to my body now, where I did not before! I still have a drink occasionally but I don't specifically save calories for it.
  • jminette
    Options
    It depends. Today I'm saving, but sometimes I just make the weekend days my cheat days. Haha. Might slow me down a bit with losing weight, but I gotta live!
  • dtroyer
    Options
    Women should not have more than one drink per day, so consider that when making your choice. I take my one glass of wine and split it over two glasses. Ice and club soda to dilute and make it all last longer. Still getting plenty of nourishment from food each day AND enjoying my glass o' wine! Choices are not just about calories in, but about feeding your body what it needs. Good luck with your choices.
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I also prepare/ save for my glass of wine, that way it's not cheating nor am I going over my calories
  • jbrod19
    jbrod19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yup! I make sure I workout any day I'm planning on going out that night so I have enough calories and am still within my 1200 net cals! Otherwise I feel guilty haha
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    as long as you aren't drinking mudslides and white russians you should be good.
  • CherryTop
    CherryTop Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I save calories for a beer or a glass of wine ... a night of drinking NO WAY ... I want to be thin more than a night of social drinking.
    But if you do plan to drink alternate a glass water per drink. Be sure to eat wisely 3 days prior & 3 days after (strictly nutrient dense foods).
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Shots are low cal sometimes
  • Hnter76
    Hnter76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    dont save your calories. earn em! Hit the gym dont eat em back, drink em back ;-)
  • froncis
    froncis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I save calories for drinks. Vodka has around 70 calories and I add a diet mixer like Crystal light or diet pop. The trouble is that if it tastes really good and you're having a great time, you might lose count of how many you had. Then you might also give in to tempting snack foods that are available. Be careful! If I am in a serious weight control mood, I drink vodka with club soda, not too tasty but it allows me to fit in with the crowd while I sip it slowly.
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    lol! today is my 21st anniversary & i totally am saving calories for alcohol! You have fun w/ your night out! :drinker:
  • NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love that idea! thx
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I try to do vodka and diets as much as possible, or bud light... but there's always tons of shots. And I think pregaming alone is half my calories lol.. But then I always forget that I can't eat the next day after I drink (just can't).. so it shouldn't really matter if I go over.. but I always look at my calories by the day, not the week, etc.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If I know I am going out on a Friday night, I absolutely plan my food for the day knowing that I'll be drinking lots of carbs in my beer later on! Sometimes I also just say "forget this" and eat/drink whatever I want those nights out, then make sure I am very diligent for the rest of the weekend :]
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I do, but you can't save ALL your calories for alcohol. Eat as reasonably as possible and then drink as reasonably as possible.

Do this. Hit the gym today and tomorrow. Eat reasonably and drink reasonably. Drink plenty of water before you go out. Seems to quench my thirst for a steady flow of drinks.
  • ajcobos
    Options
    Before I go out, I plan what I am going to drink and actually plug the data into the program. Then, I regulate my drinking throughout the night to conform to my plan, instead of drinking first and programming later. By doing this, I set my expectations before going out and have an easier time staying within the boundaries ive already set. I also work out each day that I go out so that I am dipping into a reserve instead of creating a deficit. Only forward...never back.