Counting Calories in prepared recipes

Options
I thought I'd share one of my favorite websites. When adding up calories, I sometimes find it difficult to calculate per serving, what I've prepared for my family, and what an appropriate serving would be. I find the Kraft sites really helpful and they have a section for healthy eating.
For the US the site is : www.kraftfoods.com
For canada it's : www.kraftcanada.com

All the nutrtional info is provided with the recipes, which is what I love.:heart: All info is per serving. I don't know about the states, but here in Canada you can sign up for a free magazine so you can also have a hard copy of some great dishes.

Another favorite cookbook of mine is 'Saving Dinner' by Leanne Ely, for the same reason, all the nutritional info is worked out, so I just have to portion correctly and EAT. My mother actually gave this to me a couple of years ago when I was in a food rut cooking for the kids and hubby. There are low carb versions of this book too I think.. here's a link with more info . http://www.savingdinner.com/books/saving_dinner_cook_book.html

Again with this one there is an emphasis on healthy eating.

Replies

• erin83070
    erin83070 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd share one of my favorite websites. When adding up calories, I sometimes find it difficult to calculate per serving, what I've prepared for my family, and what an appropriate serving would be. I find the Kraft sites really helpful and they have a section for healthy eating.
    For the US the site is : www.kraftfoods.com
    For canada it's : www.kraftcanada.com

All the nutrtional info is provided with the recipes, which is what I love.:heart: All info is per serving. I don't know about the states, but here in Canada you can sign up for a free magazine so you can also have a hard copy of some great dishes.

Another favorite cookbook of mine is 'Saving Dinner' by Leanne Ely, for the same reason, all the nutritional info is worked out, so I just have to portion correctly and EAT. My mother actually gave this to me a couple of years ago when I was in a food rut cooking for the kids and hubby. There are low carb versions of this book too I think.. here's a link with more info . http://www.savingdinner.com/books/saving_dinner_cook_book.html

Again with this one there is an emphasis on healthy eating.