hCG Diet - Who has done it and what were your results

Options
Just curious who has done it and what your results have been.

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i haven't done it, but everyone i know that's done it has quit because it's too restrictive and gained all their weight back!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I did want to say I like your name and LOVE your smoke free siggy! Congrats!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    You will get a lot of mixed reviews on MFP about HCG. I personally think it's not safe and not backed by any credible medical findings, but I won't get in to that on a thread because these type of threads just cause arguments. I just encourage you to do thorough research and talk to your doctor before starting something as ridiculous as a 500 calorie/day diet...and that's just what it is - a diet - it's not a maintainable lifestyle.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i haven't done it, but everyone i know that's done it has quit because it's too restrictive and gained all their weight back!

They gain all their weight back because the weight you lose is muscle mass, so once you stop the diet you have no muscle to burn the fat you've introduced back in to your body.
  • wannabthin65
    wannabthin65 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i haven't tried it but my daughter did. she lost 9lbs in 9 days then gave up. too restrictive and hungry!!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    On the hungry crazy girl diet you aren't even supposed to work out....any diet that restricts you from working out should be a no go.....i know a few people who are on it, and they are excited about it at first, then when they get into it they really do hate it. You only eat like 5 things a day....not meals, things...like an apple is a meal. You can't have certain veggies only like cabbage and celery(which is what anorexics only eat befcause its the veggies with like 0 calories). You are only supposed to do it for like 12 weeks or so, so why do that for twelve weeks, then have to go back to regular eating? Does it work? yes it does, but anorexia and bulemia and tapeworms work too. Is it long term? no....just learn your own portion control and work out....sounds simple but it is tough to relearn how to eat the correct amounts and how to do it low cal or low fat/low carb
  • runslikeagirl
    runslikeagirl Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am not going to get into an argument with anyone because I know how some people feel about the diet. But I have done a lot of research on the hcg and I have done it. I was stuck after loosing 20lbs on my own. I lost 20 more and I have kept it off. Thats ONLY becuase I continued to eat right and run. You live off of your fat that is why you are not hungry. I am not advising this diet. I am only stating my experiences. With anything or any "diet" you have to stick with exersice!!! Friends have asked me about the diet and I tell them my story. I learned how to eat right and excerise first and lost weight on my own before I "helped" it along. I only reccommned the diet if they try to lose weight themselves and only if they go back to their good habbits afterwards.
  • lanapana
    Options
    I agree, I don't want to get into a debate over it. I made the mistake of sharing information on someones blog and really upset a few... oopps. Anyway, I know some ladies that have used HCG, with injections and some with drops. This is what i've gathered:
    If it doesn't need to be kept in the fridge, its not the real deal. I do know that REAL MD's are prescribing this. Including an OB/GYN in the Chicago area who is also a Hormone therapist that gives this to ladies for weight loss. The ladies that I know that have done this all LOVE it. However, they take thier vitamins, Biotin, B-12 shots, apple cider pills, omega pills for the 3/6/9. They have not lost any hair. The story they tell is great and have kept the weight off and are loving life. The reason for my posting and comments are because I'm just not ready to jump in yet. I want to figure out all the little ins and outs before I start. I'm so glad you posted the question. Thank you
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I tried it today, but then I ate over 550kcal for breakfast, so I gave up.
  • lanapana
    Options
    from what i gather, you have to "load" first... It has to build up in your system.
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Lost 63 pounds on it. Off and on it since April. Haven't gained a pound. But, it's a total lifestyle change.
  • paulette4
    Options
    i have done that diet. great results, however i feel like this progam is much safer. it allows you to eat alot more than the hcg diet dose also. on the hcg diet you only get alltogether 500 calaries per day. i love
    my fittness pal, safe ,easy to keep up with what you eat.