C25K ??

Options
What was the easiest way to keep track of your time? I will be using the track inside my gym.. I have a droid powered phone if that helps... Thanks :)

Replies

• cherryObebe
    Options
    I have the C25K app on my phone. I believe there is a free version for Android. Wear headphones and the Android app will sound an alert when you change from walk to run and vice versa. There is a paid version that I have on my iPad (I use my treadmill) and it actually verbally says run or walk.

Good luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You can download either a free or inexpensive Couch to 5k app that will track it all for you. That said, I use it simultaneous with the Runkeeper app so I know how many calories I am burning :) Good luck!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I use my hrm. It's a watch style and a has timer/stopwatch. :) very useful.
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use the official paid app for android(there is a free one). whenever you complete a day it simply fills in the bar with green to let you know that day is complete. Thats what I've been doing to keep track.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    phone app definitely!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Awesome :) thanks everyone!!! I won't be counting these calories :) This will just be a little health bonus until i can actully jog/run for a period of time...lol
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    went with the pro.. tried to download the free app and the pro was taunting me with it's 2.99 price..lol Clicked on it and it's only 1.99. As much as i HATE paying for apps i can't complain about 2 bucks... 3? absolutely...lol
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    went with the pro.. tried to download the free app and the pro was taunting me with it's 2.99 price..lol Clicked on it and it's only 1.99. As much as i HATE paying for apps i can't complain about 2 bucks... 3? absolutely...lol

The Pro app is what I have on my iPad, I believe. It is the one that I mentioned actually says run or walk. I personally like it much better than just the alarm notification on the free app. I also log my progress and post it to Facebook. I am new to MFP (and to C25K) but this was my way of keeping myself accountable. With MFP, now I have even more ways to do this. :laugh:
  • dietpop
    dietpop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm on W4 of the $1.99 C25k app. I like hearing the commands, otherwise I run too long and hurt myself.
  • Malani2010
    Options
    I use the free one as well. It works well for us. I started the "run double" until we had to pay for it then I switched.