lovin life

Options
hi I'm new to MFP... I joined to be supportive of my friend who is a member... I had the lapband on 10.20.10 and so far have lost 92 pounds.. I recently had an unfil cause I was having problems keeping food down.. I have alot of stress based on the fact that my husband of over 10 years marriage and almost 13 years being together wishes to no longer be with me and has no real reason why.. so now I'm in a new city and a new state.. one friend I'm staying with.. lucky for me I found a job and have since then made some new friends.. sometimes I still see myself as that person who used to wear a size 24.. and now I wear a size 10.. cause of my age I'm having issues with "extra" skin and wished there was an exercise to help contain it and make it go away.. so now I'm more conscious of various things I wear.. alot of my medical issues have gone away based on the weight loss.. no more high blood pressure.. nor being a borderline diabetic... I have asthma and havent had an issues where that is concerned.. I have a CPAP as I stop breathing in my sleep.. and you'd think that number would've went down.. but it went from an 11 to a 12.. but not crazy about using it.. the best part of the weight loss is now my heart rate only drops to 60 which is normal.. when you drop to 40 or below.. you get a pacemaker.. one of the things with the lapband is you eat smaller portions.. one of the things I learned to do was eat my meals on salad plates instead of a regular plate.. one you eat less food and your brain doesnt know the difference from regular plate to salad plate.. plus your brain lets you know when you're full.. eating off a regular plate.. sometimes you've eaten too much and then you're stuffed.. which causes your stomach to stretch... now I have a smaller stomach.. and I'm happy to say I'm back to using regular utensils.. for about 10 months I used toddler ware.. its great when you go in public.. people love to look at the colorful set.. since I've moved I havent been working out and recently I started walking on the beach.. by the way this is not an exercise you can find in our list.. wish it was.. not sure how to add an exercise to the plan.. granted I love to walk 3.5 as I used to do on the treadmil.. but the scenery is much nicer than being stuck inside.. also the breeze and smells are better too..
not really sure what else I can say.. have a good one.. and good luck with your weightloss.. it is a long road to travel and having support makes it easier.

Replies

• C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Good for you to be there for your friend. Glad you are getting healthier but yes there are other issues. Eventually maybe you can get the extra skin taken away surgically. A goal to set perhaps down the road? Best of luck to you and your friend. Oh...i understand the loss of a love. I am experiencing it fresh and firsthand myself right now. It's a horrible feeling. Congrats on starting your life over in many ways.

Chris
  • Sunshine_228
    Sunshine_228 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks Chris.. yea.. but I dont wanna start life over with the age of being over 40.. I still love my husband.. and nope not sure if he's doing this cause of the weightloss.. plus he hasnt seen me since I've only lost 50-60.. and now I look completely different.. will find a way to post the before and current photos.. but dont want them to be removed either since all my monthly pictures are taken in a bikini to see the difference and where the difference is at..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!