I have gained 2 pounds, but I am not going to let it get me

MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
I have gained 2 pounds, but I am not going to let it get me down or I am not giving up. It took time to put it on and it will take time to get it off.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    I have gained 2 pounds, but I am not going to let it get me down or I am not giving up. It took time to put it on and it will take time to get it off.
  • I started seriously working out 2 weeks ago. I gained 2 lbs. I was really frustrated! I now lost those 2 pounds plus 1. I am really excited. I just feel really good now. I wish it would happen faster but i did not gain all of this weight overnite, so i can not lose it overnite. I think i am now just realizing that the kind of weight lose i want is the over time kind. not just what the scale says, i want fitness and health as well. I think i am getting old.....

cheer up it will be fine, just keep working out!:wink:
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    :tongue: I'm with ya girl. I've been on this site since Nov, and I haven't really lost any weight. I love it though. I'm hoping things will change soon. I keep doing everything I'm suppose to do, but nothing is happening.:devil: Let's hang in there and do this.

Pam
  • MOMOFTWO29
    I started seriously working out 2 weeks ago. I gained 2 lbs. I was really frustrated! I now lost those 2 pounds plus 1. I am really excited. I just feel really good now. I wish it would happen faster but i did not gain all of this weight overnite, so i can not lose it overnite. I think i am now just realizing that the kind of weight lose i want is the over time kind. not just what the scale says, i want fitness and health as well. I think i am getting old.....

I have been working out every day, so I am not down and out about this, I will just keep doing what I have been doing. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • ehall
    ehall Posts: 2
    I find that my weight flucuates quite a bit. In the past two days there was a 9 pound difference on the scale. One thing that I have started doing is following Dr. Oz's book, YOU on a diet. I have to say that book is going to help me get where I need to get and I want to suggest to all of you to buy that book and read it over and over again because I have learned so much that I didn't know about my body and the biology behind why we are overweight. I will keep you posted on my success but instead of focusing on the scale, Dr Oz says the focus needs to be on your waist because that is where it matters.

I hope this helps all of you,

Beth
  • if you are exercising it is typical to gain before loosing. Your body will retain water to prevent dehydration. When your body gets used to the exercise it will release excess water you don't need and the weight will come off.Keep going it will get better. I lost 60 lbs 2 years ago and It was very slow 2lb per week. I gained 20 back due to my stress since June. I have only lost .5 lbs but it will happen and it will happen for you too!
    Good luck!!
  • :flowerforyou:

You will lose it again...you can do it!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    you'll lose it right back again. Maybe you shouldn't weigh daily if you have that much fluctuation - could be water weight.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Do you weigh every week? I suppose you have to being in the challenge eh?

When the whole BLoser thing is over I'd suggest weighing once a month. The less you weigh, the more changes you'll see and usually of the good kind if you're doing what you should be. :smile:

In the meantime don't sweat the small stuff! That 2 pounds could be water retention, and... other things. So just giv eit time and see if it moves away again.
  • that is a good attitude to have! you'll do it!!
  • you'll lose it right back again. Maybe you shouldn't weigh daily if you have that much fluctuation - could be water weight.

i think that is why i was so depressed about my weight loss. 1x/week for me and THATS it!!
  • I started seriously working out 2 weeks ago. I gained 2 lbs. I was really frustrated! I now lost those 2 pounds plus 1. I am really excited. I just feel really good now. I wish it would happen faster but i did not gain all of this weight overnite, so i can not lose it overnite. I think i am now just realizing that the kind of weight lose i want is the over time kind. not just what the scale says, i want fitness and health as well. I think i am getting old.....

I have been working out every day, so I am not down and out about this, I will just keep doing what I have been doing. Thanks for the encouragement.

I am in the army reserves and I have to get "weighed in" once a month in front of other people (like men.) I have to do that this weekend. They do not understand what a baby can do to a women's body. Then I get *****ed out for not losing enough weight in that month. I use to get really upset but i do not care any more.... Ive been doing it for the reserve thing for 6 years now. I have know this people for awhile which makes it worse to face them.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    I started seriously working out 2 weeks ago. I gained 2 lbs. I was really frustrated! I now lost those 2 pounds plus 1. I am really excited. I just feel really good now. I wish it would happen faster but i did not gain all of this weight overnite, so i can not lose it overnite. I think i am now just realizing that the kind of weight lose i want is the over time kind. not just what the scale says, i want fitness and health as well. I think i am getting old.....

I don't think I could do that, you are braver than me!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

I am in the army reserves and I have to get "weighed in" once a month in front of other people (like men.) I have to do that this weekend. They do not understand what a baby can do to a women's body. Then I get *****ed out for not losing enough weight in that month. I use to get really upset but i do not care any more.... Ive been doing it for the reserve thing for 6 years now. I have know this people for awhile which makes it worse to face them.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    thanks everyone, you are all so great. :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!