The more I am active the less I want to eat?

Options
I have been trying to get off my butt and be more active but today I am just not hungry. I know I need to eat all my calories and the more active the more calories they are telling me to eat. Is it bad not to eat all of them? I have not even eaten supper yet but put everything in and I still have 400 calories left over. What should I do. Force myself to eat or just not eat?

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    There are 6 hours left in the day... eat later if u get hungry
  • hstallings13
    Options
    I find on days that I am not hungry I'll fix an extra protein shake or a bit of peanut butter, uses up some calories but doen'st weight me down like forcing myself to eat something I don't really want
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I find on days that I am not hungry I'll fix an extra protein shake or a bit of peanut butter, uses up some calories but doen'st weight me down like forcing myself to eat something I don't really want

Amen! We are not always hungry in the aftermath of physical activity but should always eat afterward to aid in muscle recovery and fuel our bodies for the rest of our daily activities. Getting healthy extra calories doesn't have to equal eating a lot more if you eat a little more calorie and nutrient dense foods. You don't have to eat all your calories every day, but you don't want to run really steep caloric gradients day-in and day-out.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I would agree with the others that occasionally not eating all your calories is okay, but don't make it a regular habit. And like the others suggested, when I'm short on calories, but not that hungry, I will grab healthy calorie dense foods to use the calories while only having a small physical amount of food. I am of the school though that nothing is off limits. I realize that not everyone has the willpower to go this route, but I can and so occasionally this is when I take the opportunity to treat myself to a portion of something less healthy.

Oh, I almost forgot. The main reason I felt the need to reply even though others had already said what I would have... I also have found myself less hungry on days I exercise. It's a bit boggling. I'm fairly inactive. I was on the diet for a month before I started finally doing some cardio. I thought I'd be really hungry on those days and yet it has reversed. Not sure if this just my body adjusting or not.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    walnuts will add up fast! & won't fill you up so much (or at all)