"Our MFP MILITARY Family" Roster update:

Options
PLEASE PASS THE WORD ALONG OUR "NETWORK".

If I forgot you or someone you know, please message me asap. As most of you know, our military themed threads usually lack the constant activity needed to "float" and stay visible, thus a new one crops up every couple weeks bringing in new faces along with the old. The signature block roster so far has provided a pretty reliable means for everyone to "friend" each other and build a support network that best serves their needs. I'm going to be bumping this for about a week before posting the new IMG code (which is going to be thankfully, in a dedicated account so the creepers don't oogle my kids - doh! Yeah, finally got around to that light bulb going off).

There have been enough sufficient new additions to warrant updating the signature block I and others listed currently use. Right now I'm putting together additional pics to the background collage to accommodate everyone's handles while still keeping everything readable. They are "all-service" in nature; the yellow-ribbon "star" with each branch's seal, an all-branches colorguard and an American flag with eagle and some writing from the Constitution. All faded to match.

If something is spelled wrong, not properly sorted alphabetically, I have your info incorrect, you need an additional "/Ret" (traditional or medical - as in a blue card-carrying member) or "(DEP)" designation, etc (Microsoft word likes to sneak in capitalizing handles when they shouldn't be) or would even prefer to simply "opt-out", PLEASE message me asap. Our group is quite large, so I'm only including those who currently fall under the listed sub-groups though I do make the occasional exeption in special cases, such as our (DEP) B-RAF and a spouse who "retired" after supporting her man through 20+ years! Just message me if you have extenuating circumstances. For the safety of the dependents of deployed service-members, they are not differentiated in any way.

I'm sure there will be some b!tching and moaning about the size of the signature block. Next modification I will be taking the (painstaking) time to "weed-out" members that have been inactive for too long after attempting to reach out again. Here goes...

"Our MFP Military Family" Roster:

ACTIVE-DUTY, AR & AGR:
airbornewings82: USA
bbots: USAF
bdglass: ARNG (DEP)
bluemax87: USAF
Chowder_17: USAF
DCska3r4life: USAF
DeadZip2010: USMC
elizabethwigger: USMC
Emily_J_J: USN
EmilyRanae: USCG
Hodgeypodgy: B-RAF (DEP)
horndave: USA
ineednapkin: USAF
Laurelje: USAF
lifeskittles: USA (DEP)
mlaning: USAF
navyjeffrey: USN
parachick77: USAF
Phestr: USAF
SaundraU: ARNG
snhatfield: USA
spoonie2010: USAF
T_R_A_V: USAF
viper18062: USAF
xsargex: USAR (DEP)

RESERVIST & GUARD:
grunt0321: USMC vet & ARNG

RETIRED & VETERANS:
adamcf: USMC
adrian_indy: USA
baisleac: USN
bestdaysahead: USN
BrigRat666: USMC
BroDave: USAF & USA/Ret
CountryDevil: USN
darkrider42: USMC
dougstevens: USA & USAR
fitnhealthyccthatsme: USA
Froggy1976: USN
gtm124: USAF & USANG
GypsysBlood: USA
HOSED49: USAF
Iclarkjr: USA
IMonica0813: USMC
jayb123x: USMC
JDNOX: USMC
Mad_Dog_Muscle: USN
MartiJJohnston: USA
mexipino: USN
millerII: USAF/Ret
MrBrown72: USMC
MyLittleSonshine: USAF
nukehiker: USMC
pacmanjack: USN
RDH77: USAF
rufflestx: USA
sarahi2009: USMC
sparky1514117: USAF/Ret
striderb: USAF
sonybalony: USA
Swimgoddess: USMC/Ret
TheRoadDog: USMC
TracieJ65: USAF

DEPENDENTS: ("MOTIVATED" didn't fit :sad:)
Angeloftheshore
astovey
bayerngirl (“Ret”, 31yrs!)
CindyLynn28
DreamLittleDarlin
eates
gijoeswifey
HawaiiCam
Ireshgurl
Janie5605
jenny95662
jetscreaminagain
kathield
Kaycurrier
Keljo720
MereMe
modelina
Navyw1fe
NavyWifeTwinMom
nichole883
Rachellosesitall85
Sprinkie09
starwhisperer
texastae1010
twinlikeme
vkcooper

Replies

• chef970
    chef970 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I missed out on the last...is it too late to join? I was in the 3rd Batallion 24th Inf Division, U.S. Army Veteran
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    USAF 87-91. Veteran of Desert shield/Desert storm. Thanks
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    ^ Added you both! Thank you :)
  • Enforcer25
    Options
    Thanks
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    ***BUMP***

Since the first signature block was designed a mere 11 days ago, we've grown our family by nearly 32%, with the largest growth in our motivated dependents. The original proposed background collage pics were a bit too distorted, to I collected up some more of the same, trying to touch on some different aspects of each service than previously depicted. As I believe we were maxed out on the photo's width (541x190 previously, let me know if you are aware of a higher acceptable width), so I extended the bottom by about a third to 541x290. As I've mentioned before, I'll be weeding through our list in the next modification, so hopefully we can keep our roster "fresh" and "accurate" without it becoming so large it draws (too many) complaints. Please let me know of any branch accuracy issues with the current or proposed images (don't mind the actual code tag, it goes by the last piece of the collage added):

MFPRecon-1-1-1.jpg
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    Daily obligatory *bump*

4 more days to get your name on, anything corrected, or opt-out of the roster.
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    Daily obligatory *bump*

3 more days to get your name on, anything corrected, or opt-out of the roster.
  • Enforcer25
    Options
    Hi,

I didn't see my name under ret/veterans.

Enforcer25 USAF

Thanks

Sean
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    Hi,

I didn't see my name under ret/veterans.

Enforcer25 USAF

Thanks

Sean

That's because after a couple hours, one loses editing capabilities on their own posts such as the original one I used to start this thread. I'm giving it until Saturday for any new names to straggle in before posting the code to or adopting the updated signature block/roster. It seemed like as soon as I posted the original one, I was flooded with requests to be added in, so by "floating" the thread for a full week this time instead of a day or two, I'm hoping to avoid that again. Once I can get to my regular computer I'll repost the Master-Roster-to-date again so you can verify your info :)
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    BUMP

The following is the roster (to date) that will be used in the signature block being released Saturday provided no other changes are submitted in the meantime:

ACTIVE-DUTY & AGR:
    airbornewings82: USA
    bbots: USAF
    bdglass: ARNG (DEP)
    bluemax87: USAF
    Chowder_17: USAF
    DCska3r4life: USAF
    DeadZip2010: USMC
    elizabethwigger: USMC
    Emily_J_J: USN
    EmilyRanae: USCG
    Hodgeypodgy: B-RAF (DEP)
    horndave: USA
    ineednapkin: USAF
    Laurelje: USAF
    lifeskittles: USA (DEP)
    mlaning: USAF
    navyjeffrey: USN
    parachick77: USAF
    Phestr: USAF
    SaundraU: ARNG
    snhatfield: USA
    spoonie2010: USAF
    T_R_A_V: USAF
    viper18062: USAF
    xsargex: USAR (DEP)

RESERVIST & GUARD:
    grunt0321: USMC vet & ARNG

RETIRED & VETERANS:
    adamcf: USMC
    adrian_indy: USA
    adrodgers17: USMC
    baisleac: USN
    bdreilly: USN
    bestdaysahead: USN
    BrigRat666: USMC
    BroDave: USAF & USA/Ret
    chef970: USA
    CountryDevil: USN
    darkrider42: USMC
    dougstevens: USA & USAR
    Enforcer25: USAF
    fitnhealthyccthatsme: USA
    Froggy1976: USN
    gtm124: USAF & USANG
    GypsysBlood: USA
    HOSED49: USAF
    Iclarkjr: USA
    IMonica0813: USMC
    jayb123x: USMC
    JDNOX: USMC
    josette31: USAF
    Mad_Dog_Muscle: USN
    MartiJJohnston: USA
    mexipino: USN
    millerII: USAF/Ret
    MrBrown72: USMC
    MyLittleSonshine: USAF
    nukehiker: USMC
    pacmanjack: USN
    RDH77: USAF
    rufflestx: USA
    sarahi2009: USMC
    sparky1514117: USAF/Ret
    striderb: USAF
    sonybalony: USA
    Swimgoddess: USMC/Ret
    TheRoadDog: USMC
    TracieJ65: USAF

MOTIVATED DEPENDENTS:
    Angeloftheshore
    astovey
    bayerngirl (“Ret”, 31yrs!)
    CindyLynn28
    DreamLittleDarling
    eates
    gijoeswifey
    HawaiiCam
    Ireshgurl
    Janie5605
    jenny95662
    jetscreaminagain
    kathield
    Kaycurrier
    Keljo720
    MereMe
    modelina
    Navyw1fe
    NavyWifeTwinMom
    nichole883
    Rachellosesitall85
    Sprinkie09
    starwhisperer
    texastae1010
    twinlikeme
    vkcooper
  • nettie1969
    Options
    Oohhhhhh just saw this so will *bump* for you lol

Do I qualify to join .... I am retired from the Australian Army (1 Sig Regt)

ta
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    Oohhhhhh just saw this so will *bump* for you lol

Do I qualify to join .... I am retired from the Australian Army (1 Sig Regt)

ta

After MUCH consideration, yes... I will allow SOME international submissions on a case-by-case basis (nettie, you're just fine) and reserve the right to decline without explanation. As I am not very savvy on international politics or other country's military forces myself, I have to consult with a friend of mine who is an international studies/political science major and is a military intel officer before making a decision. If you hail from a country where there is considerably more political strife it may take longer and the more info you can provide on your pertinent background, the easier it is for me. If you hail from a country that has very negative or questionable relations with the US (as US military dominate the bulk of our roster), please don't bother asking. (Enter my disclaimer to the moderators: it is for the ***safety*** of the roster members if certain international members are excluded, I understand that it may come across as tiptoeing a fine line into the banned area of politics, but please keep in mind that the primary motivation is safety. Thank you.)
  • nettie1969
    Options
    thank you
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

After MUCH consideration, yes... I will allow SOME international submissions on a case-by-case basis (nettie, you're just fine) and reserve the right to decline without explanation. As I am not very savvy on international politics or other country's military forces myself, I have to consult with a friend of mine who is an international studies/political science major and is a military intel officer before making a decision. If you hail from a country where there is considerably more political strife it may take longer and the more info you can provide on your pertinent background, the easier it is for me. If you hail from a country that has very negative or questionable relations with the US (as US military dominate the bulk of our roster), please don't bother asking. (Enter my disclaimer to the moderators: it is for the ***safety*** of the roster members if certain international members are excluded, I understand that it may come across as tiptoeing a fine line into the banned area of politics, but please keep in mind that the primary motivation is safety. Thank you.)

Tiptoeing a fine line? To be blunt, I think this could be classified as being fully in the area of politics.

I was a Corporal in the Irish Army Reserves for 6 years before joining the police. (C Company, 7th Infantry Battalion - since disbanded and reformed as the 65th Infantry Battalion, Reserve Defence Forces).

Am I excluded?
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    Tiptoeing a fine line? To be blunt, I think this could be classified as being fully in the area of politics.

I was a Corporal in the Irish Army Reserves for 6 years before joining the police. (C Company, 7th Infantry Battalion - since disbanded and reformed as the 65th Infantry Battalion, Reserve Defence Forces).

Am I excluded?

Nope, you're currently police force so you're as my friend said, "pretty d@mn kosher" and cleared up any grey area, so I won't be excluding you if you still would like to be a part of it. What is the proper acronym you would like next to your handle? RDF, FCA or another? It gets tricky here for me as I want to ensure that it won't be confused if another country also uses the term "RDF", kwim? I'm currently using B-RAF for our British RAF (may not be the proper acronym either, but is pretty clear for those of us stateside to understand) and plan on using AUS-AR, ADA, or whatever other proper term suggested for the few MFP Aussies I'm aware of.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Am I excluded?

Nope, you're currently police force so you're as my friend said, "pretty d@mn kosher" and cleared up any grey area, so I won't be excluding you if you still would like to be a part of it. What is the proper acronym you would like next to your handle? RDF, FCA or another? It gets tricky here for me as I want to ensure that it won't be confused if another country also uses the term "RDF", kwim? I'm currently using B-RAF for our British RAF (may not be the proper acronym either, but is pretty clear for those of us stateside to understand) and plan on using AUS-AR, ADA, or whatever other proper term suggested for the few MFP Aussies I'm aware of.

Use FCA. That is what it was called when I was in it. It was the Irish for Local Defence Force. It was only about 5 years ago that the Military was restructured and all FCA units were disbanded and reformed as the Reserve Defence Forces.

Plus, the abbreviation FCA will certainly throw a lot of people in confusion trying to figure out what it means. :bigsmile:
  • Eric184
    Options
    Active Duty Army EOD Master Sergeant

Thanks! I've been looking for a military group!

Eric
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    ^ Great! I'll be sure to add you as well

***LAST CALL TO GET IN ON THE ROSTER*** Any stragglers?
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Now, my Dad was USMC, and I have a soft spot for any Military, so I am posting this for everyone... I belong to a site where active over seas service people can enroll to get support... it is called adopt a us soldier.org no spaces when you look for it online. People like me can go there to adopt a service person, and send letters care packages and other stuff. Please check it out if you are interested. Over the past year or so, I have adopted like 16 people, all are home now, thank GOD. There is a message board to get help, and the Mods there are so wonderful in answering any questions you may have. I have met some wonderful and grateful people who don't get any mail from anyone! They love to hear about my life and get jokes my mail. Sorry, I can go on and on...

I love all you service people past and present even the non us people!

Jenn
  • Swimgoddess
    Options
    Hmmm. Well, I got it all updated and put together. Now here's the weird thing... It shows up just fine on my iPhone, but on both my and my husband's laptops... All we can see is a little red "x" in a box. WTH?

Here's the code:

MFPRecon-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

and if you change the CAPS IMG at the beginning and the end to lowercase, it SHOULD show up like this:
    MFPRecon-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Any tech-heads know what's going on with being able to view it on my iPhone's Safari, but not on our home laptops that run IE?